Flex Fuel Conversion for more power problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Marshalonis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to check the flex fuel sensor's output to the ECM?
I changed to a smaller pulley on the supercharger and now it gets 15 lbs of boost. However, I was running out of gas at 5500 rpm. The injectors were running at 100% and the fuel pump was not keeping up.
I changed the fuel pump to an aeromotive A750 and 60 lb/hr injectors.
Now I have enough fuel, but not enough octane to prevent pinging. I had to retard the timing.
I have installed a Flex Fuel sensor from Continental and have the correct connections to the ECM (Pin 56 blue) and put 10 gallons of E-85 in the tank to see if that would increase the octane.
The problem now is that HPTuners shows 0% ethanol. I cannot tune it for E-85 if it shows 0%.
I am going to check the Flex Fuel sensor's output, but my meter may not measure pulse modulated DC to the ECM. Any ideas on how to check the flex fuels output to the ECM?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be available in the Fuel Trims section. What kind of interface are you using to see what the computer is seeing?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know the answer for ya but, those years didnt use a continental sensor oem, i would start by finding some info on the oem sensor and see if it used the same output

OP
OP
Bill Marshalonis

Bill Marshalonis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Tahoe did not come with Flex Fuel at all. It is a mod that I put together to boost the octane. There is a port and pin position on the ECM for a Flex Fuel input, but the engine did not come as a Flex Fuel engine.
The Continental sensor has 3 pins - 12vdc and ground in and % ethanol out to the ECM. Did a resistance test to the ECM, and verified the 12vdc and ground.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe did not come with Flex Fuel at all. It is a mod that I put together to boost the octane. There is a port and pin position on the ECM for a Flex Fuel input, but the engine did not come as a Flex Fuel engine.
The Continental sensor has 3 pins - 12vdc and ground in and % ethanol out to the ECM. Did a resistance test to the ECM, and verified the 12vdc and ground.

I think this question will be answered faster if posed to the Performance Trucks forum. I do not know if the LM7s used the same tables as the L59s sans sensor but those guys over there might.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout