Fender flares and side moulding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffg

Reaction score
I am hoping it finally gets warm enought today to tackle removing the side mouldings and fender flares. Is there any value in either of these parts? I.E. should I be careful removing them, or just go for it?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOS or OE replacements can be expensive!
Aftermarket pieces range in price, but seem to be on average of $100-200 each piece, depending on which one.

So, they have some potential value.

The question is: Do I want to bother having them sit around the basement until a buyer comes along and is it worth my time to try getting some money out of these parts?

If it were me, I might try Craigslist, Marketplace or Ebay listed for local pickup only. Price them somewhere between going in the garbage can and some amount that is higher than $0. Be ready to let the first person who expresses any interest make an offer and just take it.

That would be my approach. Maybe look up the retail of new parts, add the total and list for 25% of new retail. Then take first offer no matter what it is.

Something is better than nothing and someone gets to make use out of parts heading for the landfill anyway.

OP
OP
J

jeffg

Reaction score
Seems logical. I just didnt want to be careless and then discover that everyone is looking for a set of flares. Mine are in pretty good shape if they come off easily.

Logan5

Reaction score
I've heard that they don't always come off easy. I know my uncle is looking for a set of black flares for his Yukon XL.

02LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey so I believe there are two styles of flares. One with the panel over the rockers for the Z71 and one without. The Suburban/Yukon XLs are different too with only 4 pieces in the set compared with the Tahoe /Yukon that has 6. I went to a junk yard and got the ones that are supposed to have the panel over the rockers from a Z71 but there were no panels over the rockers. Wanted to try and find the flares for the dog leg only to ad to my set. Can anyone confirm this for me and let me know what I should be looking for as far year of truck? Thanks!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disregard... I was going to ask a follow-up question to clarify what the last post was (it was a little confusing), but realized that @02LT probably ghosted months ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep