Escalade/denali cladding removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtthis

Reaction score
Anybody ever done this? Mine has some door dings in the cladding and the previous owner didn't paint match very good. Looking for some pictures before I decide to take them off. I'm assuming it looking just like a Tahoe with the cladding off?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've taken the body side cladding off a Denali, and it's not hard at all. Held on with double stick tape and push pins. Just look at them really well. Open up the doors and there'll be some pushpins inside the door edges, you'll see what I'm talking about, pull those out and the rest of the moulding is held on with tape. Really easy, just take your time and eyeball it very carefully before pulling too hard. Over time, the urethane can get hard and or brittle from the heat and sun. Just take your time, not hard at all. You could use a hair dryer or heat gun on the lower quarter mouldings, they might be a little tougher to remove Good luck. WP_20160425_005.jpgAnd yes, once removed, it'll look like a regular Yukon. Imo, kind of defeats the purpose of buying a Denali, visually anyway. WP_20160426_003.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it will look like a regular Yukon once you remove the running boards and both bumpers and replace them with regular Yukon parts. It all ties together, with the Denali parts being lower overall. Especially the front bumper. Without the cladding it's going to look off.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Would need new tail lights and rear bumper will look extra wide because it's matched to the cladding which sticks out more than the body. Also like red said it might leave the front bumper looking out of place too.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cladding was janked up, and so was the paint underneath, as are my rockers. Took the boards/cladding off and I'm in the process of cleaning everything up. the front bumper hangs down lower but I don't notice it and it doesn't bother me. Personally I like the running boards but you can't run them without the trim, it looks weird, so maybe i'll put them back on.

I don't think it defeats the purpose of buying a denali. It still has the body color bumper and door handles, it still has the denali front clip, and the denali badges. I like the sleeker 'shaved' look.

You will miss the running boards though.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted a "what do you think" asking for feedback on my 07 Denali. One picture shoes stock the other shows without side molding but with running boards. One thing about the Denali side molding is it has chrome on the top of it. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just posted a "what do you think" asking for feedback on my 07 Denali. One picture shoes stock the other shows without side molding but with running boards. One thing about the Denali side molding is it has chrome on the top of it. Take a look and tell me what you think.
The 07-14's are completely different body styles and the Denali trim is especially different than the 00-06's. No comparison. Also, where is the link to this post of yours?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's under today's posts titled "your honest opinion" I'm not sure where the reference came from on the body styles but yes the models are different but the molding is very much the same. The picture without is on my post and with is my profile picture but I'll try to add one here too. Thanks for looking.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is under the heading of '"2000-2006 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Models " and sub-heading of "Exterior". That's where the bodystyle reference came from. Again, your 07 is completely different as far as body cladding. Take a look at the difference between yours and mine. You have 2 pieces on each side which are basically just door guards. Mine has 5 pieces on each side which mold to the front and rear bumpers (which are also different than the regular Yukons) as well as to the running boards. After the 06 model year they pretty did away with most of the exterior differences between the Yukon and the Yukon Denali which is a shame. Have a look at the different effect on mine as opposed to yours: (apologies for my bike in the foreground, this is the best picture that shows the entire cladding on mine)

img_4322-jpg.65406

img_0074-jpg.74114

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9