Escalade/denali cladding removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @Red Rocket , it's a shame that they changed the body molding so much on the NNBS model Yukons. That's what I loved about my 2006. the standard Yukons have their own distinct side trims and then the Denali has its own distinct cladding separate from the standard Yukons and i like the Denali pieces. On the newer ones all the side moldings are exactly the same. Including bumpers and headlights. To the OP, it's your truck and your style so it's up to you. But my personal opinion, have the paint on the Denali moldings redone properly and then reinstall them.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Red Rocket - Don't you ever apologize for that bike being in a picture :D

This thread is under the heading of '"2000-2006 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Models " and sub-heading of "Exterior". That's where the bodystyle reference came from. Again, your 07 is completely different as far as body cladding. Take a look at the difference between yours and mine. You have 2 pieces on each side which are basically just door guards. Mine has 5 pieces on each side which mold to the front and rear bumpers (which are also different than the regular Yukons) as well as to the running boards. After the 06 model year they pretty did away with most of the exterior differences between the Yukon and the Yukon Denali which is a shame. Have a look at the different effect on mine as opposed to yours: (apologies for my bike in the foreground, this is the best picture that shows the entire cladding on mine)

img_4322-jpg.65406

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great points and don't apologize fo the killer bike being in the pictures. I now see what you're talking about. The body style change in 07 was a full blown revamping. Thanks for your feedback and pics of the killer bike.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know what they were thinking, but I've always wondered what the 07-14 Denali's would have looked like if they had done a full-blown lower body molding like the previous years had, with the running boards and bumpers incorporated.

ClarkSmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see people are talking about cladding removal on a Denali. But what an Escalade? I’ve got a ‘03 Shorty that I’m not crazy about the cladding. Has anyone removed them before? Picture would be helpful.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I see people are talking about cladding removal on a Denali. But what an Escalade? I’ve got a ‘03 Shorty that I’m not crazy about the cladding. Has anyone removed them before? Picture would be helpful.
You'd wind up with a Tahoe with a caddy grill and tail lights that'll bulge out from the sides.

ClarkSmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s what I was figuring. The the 6.0 AWD it has, just not a fan of the cladding. Looks Tacky!

Paul_Kaos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s what I was figuring. The the 6.0 AWD it has, just not a fan of the cladding. Looks Tacky!
honestly with a plain grill and the caddy style tahoe tails it could be interesting... get real ******* weird and put z71 or denali cladding back lol. plain unbadged black mesh grill, black caddy headlights, switch the third brake light out with a nnbs hoe spoiler and brake light.

now its just a clean... GM Truck lol...

Paul_Kaos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
to change any one thing youve gotta do some other stuff around the truck for it to make sense...

im looking for caddy cladding to go with a cateye swap, then doing the Spyder "nnbs caddy looking" 1piece stack headlights, and then modifying an 06+ sierra grill to fit with that stuff on my Yukon... like if theyd carried on updating the Denali basically? and then whatever slim plate bumper kit fits best eith all that stuff, theres a few that are natural.

I'm here to ask about how the caddy cladding attatches to the truck, both for harvesting it from the junkyard, and for sticking it on my truck after wrapping it...

(found the edit)

ie is it just grey 3m tape? or are there cleats riveted to the sheetmetal for the caddy kit?

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz