New to owning a Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runfor5

Reaction score
but i thought is I could fix it myself
The below video is the best headlight removal / bulb replacement one on YouTube IMO.

I have since had to change my headlight bulbs twice, 1 side went out on me after like ~15k miles from me replacing (annoying). Note the grill has to just sort of 'pop' forward, it will not be fully removed. And you access the back side of the headlights through the wheel well; wheel can remain on to remove the 3-4 bolts/clips of the wheel well liner. It looks like an obnoxious repair but it's actually straightforward. Just watch when you are sliding the headlight assembly in and out that you don't scratch the fender paint; taping it up may be best.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Above post is correct. Grab your kids boogie board or cardboard to sit on the first time.

Budget for the Alpharex plug n play headlamps. Going to HID or LED is like getting your 1st pair of prescription sunglasses. No more squint, eyes wide open and driving confidence at night goes up 2-3x because you can see that much more.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The below video is the best headlight removal / bulb replacement one on YouTube IMO.

I have since had to change my headlight bulbs twice, 1 side went out on me after like ~15k miles from me replacing (annoying). Note the grill has to just sort of 'pop' forward, it will not be fully removed. And you access the back side of the headlights through the wheel well; wheel can remain on to remove the 3-4 bolts/clips of the wheel well liner. It looks like an obnoxious repair but it's actually straightforward. Just watch when you are sliding the headlight assembly in and out that you don't scratch the fender paint; taping it up may be best.

This is a great video for doing this task. He doesn't waste time with unneeded descriptions that mean absolutely nothing. Straight forward and too the point and great pics of what needs to be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan