Engine or tire making spinning metal clank sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi so I have a metal clanking sound when while moving. It’s coming from the engine or tire side /drivers side of the Tahoe. It stops when I lift the foot off the gas. The clanking sound is like a piece of metal in a bike tire spoke or a rolling metal clanking sound. There are no lights in the dash with a check engine. There are no performance issues. Just wondering if any has an ideas.

Thank you

Ken

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it do it while stopped in gear with a slight brake torque? (Don't do longer than a few seconds at a time). If not, does it change with speed/being in motion? What speed is most noticeable? What rpm range? What year, make, model

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all thank you I weasel thinking the same thing recording the sound. To be clear the sound only comes when from a stop and going to high speed. 5-10 mph no sound. When pressing the gas it makes the sound. When I let if the gas it no sound. The faster I go 50 mph it dissipates. It’s late going to the gym but it’s quite out. I Will try to record it and it’s getting worse. No warning lights and it has not effected the performance of the Tahoe.

Aloha

Ken

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment with Chevy Wednesday. Wish me luck. Please you input is welcome.

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts