Engine or tire making spinning metal clank sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing it the CV joint/ boot
Maybe. But those usually make noise at all speeds - especially when turning, when they're on the way out. Easy fix though. If you can post a video of the sound on YouTube with public permissions and link it back here, we can give it a listen to help verify.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how long they've been open could most definitely be your issue. If the grease inside attracted dust, dirt,and moisture, there will be a gravely sounding from them. The contamination can also accelerate wear on the components causing time to become more sloppy.

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi to all.

So I took it to the Chevy dealer and there replacing the axels. Over $900 dollars but insurance is paying for it and the bolts to go with it. Very happy. I’m out the $415 for labor. I’ll take that any day.

Aloha to all.

Just thought you would like to know.

Ken

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi to all.

So I took it to the Chevy dealer and there replacing the axels. Over $900 dollars but insurance is paying for it and the bolts to go with it. Very happy. I’m out the $415 for labor. I’ll take that any day.

Aloha to all.

Just thought you would like to know.

Ken
So, is the work done yet and is the issue resolved, or is the work yet to be done?

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased insurance with my monthly payment. Over $2600 over 3years 40 something thousand miles which ever is first kind of deal. It’s Ascent insurance.

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts