Engine Hours Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MnBry1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Planning to reset engine hours on my 2016 Tahoe
Anyone tried or knows how ?

Cheers
Why on Earth would you do such a thing? That information is important For some people to know. Why do you even bother looking at it?? Sounds more like an OCD issue that you Are fixated on looking at your engine hours. In the past 4 years I have had no reason to deliberately look at mine, I've glanced when going through the menu But keep going till I get the information I am looking for. Just put it out of your mind And understand but that is information that somebody down the road when they have the vehicle might want to have.

OP
OP
Tim10

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why on Earth would you do such a thing? That information is important For some people to know. Why do you even bother looking at it?? Sounds more like an OCD issue that you Are fixated on looking at your engine hours. In the past 4 years I have had no reason to deliberately look at mine, I've glanced when going through the menu But keep going till I get the information I am looking for. Just put it out of your mind And understand but that is information that somebody down the road when they have the vehicle might want to have.

are you a psychologist to make such a diagnosis? or wanna be one because you telling people what to do with their minds? Sounds like any mod looks like OCD to you.I'm also looking at black stock rims and it irritates me and I want to put nice "20 shiny rims, Is that OCD? If someone will need such a piece of important information I will always tell them real engine hours. You will be surprised how many people want to reset engine hours and everyone has their reason for that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we shouldn't want different wheels or tinted windows or a better radio, or nicer paint job or anything either??????????????????????? f'in sheep

mikentosh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why not reset your odometer to zero as well? Engine hours are not resettable and shouldn’t be unless you get a new engine.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you check for me please whenever you will have time if your scanner can clear the engine hours/Has this option? If so I'm gonna buy same one
well I can get into the cluster and see the hours and the other data with the scanner but I didn't see any option to reset it, I just got this tool working the other day so it's a learning curve at this point I will do a little research and see what I can find out.

OP
OP
Tim10

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I can get into the cluster and see the hours and the other data with the scanner but I didn't see any option to reset it, I just got this tool working the other day so it's a learning curve at this point I will do a little research and see what I can find out.

sounds good! Another option you can explore if you can play with a rear window switch. Mine still not working and I just tore down the switch and it looks ok from the inside. I went to a dealer and no clear answer if I need to replace them or its programmable. They have no idea about option 6N5 (inoperable rear window switch) and suggested start with ordering new switches and see how it goes, but tonight I'm gonna try swap front passenger switch with rear I'm not sure if they match ... will see :)
Overall I'm a bit surprised how dealers are clueless about some tech stuff with PPV vehicles