Engine Hours Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning to reset engine hours on my 2016 Tahoe
Anyone tried or knows how ?

Cheers

OP
OP
Tim10

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to just hold down the ✓ button on the steering wheel while the engine hours are displayed on the screen

You mean on a steering wheel? On my PPV I don’t have this buttons on a right side, just cruise control buttons on a left side.
I tried on a speedometer, no luck

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my engine hours are so high, irritates me :angry94:
Ummm, if I were to buy a vehicle, I would look at the engine hours and the miles on the clock. I would be very suspicious if the miles/hour shows an average of 80miles/hr.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont get resetting it. its good info to have.
unless you put in a new motor.

there have been mentions of battery issues causing it to reset.
try undoing battery for a while

there is also a GM bulletin about it resetting on its own. the fix for that is get a new cluster.

OP
OP
Tim10

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm, if I were to buy a vehicle, I would look at the engine hours and the miles on the clock. I would be very suspicious if the miles/hour shows an average of 80miles/hr.

When I was buying my Tahoe at the auction they had 4 Tahoe’s, 3 of them with high mileage and very low engine hours and my Tahoe with low mileage and crazy engine hours, so I decided to go with low milage [emoji1]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE