Engine Hours Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean on a steering wheel? On my PPV I don’t have this buttons on a right side, just cruise control buttons on a left side.
I tried on a speedometer, no luck
Unless you change the steering wheel to one with the other buttons then the only other way is with a scanner, you could pull up to the service department at your local dealer and ask them if they would do it with there scanner, if they are a decent dealer or if you visit there often enough to be on good terms they should do it at no cost. my local dealer would do it for me but I have been going there for like 25 years.

OP
OP
Tim10

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont get resetting it. its good info to have.
unless you put in a new motor.

there have been mentions of battery issues causing it to reset.
try undoing battery for a while

there is also a GM bulletin about it resetting on its own. the fix for that is get a new cluster.

Just called for fun a guy who fixes clusters and he told me it’s pain in a butt , it’s like roll down milage,
Need to reprogram cluster and ecu and he wants $500 [emoji53]

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks

& most w/ PPVs will have high engine hours... as most of their life is idling or cruising around.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just called for fun a guy who fixes clusters and he told me it’s pain in a butt , it’s like roll down milage,
Need to reprogram cluster and ecu and he wants $500 [emoji53]
well he probably has the tool to do it already, I spent $400 to get one working for my 2018 that would clear it, I just tried on mine it doesn't clear the engine hours with the button I know I can do it with my scanner though, he's just trying to make a profit but seems rather high to me.

OP
OP
Tim10

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well he probably has the tool to do it already, I spent $400 to get one working for my 2018 that would clear it, I just tried on mine it doesn't clear the engine hours with the button I know I can do it with my scanner though, he's just trying to make a profit but seems rather high to me.

that's what I thought, too high, what kind of scanner you have?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm, if I were to buy a vehicle, I would look at the engine hours and the miles on the clock. I would be very suspicious if the miles/hour shows an average of 80miles/hr.
leaving the battery disconnected for a while might reset it

OP
OP
Tim10

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same tool the dealer use's only it's a Chinese hack job, lol, windows 10 tablet with gds2 and a mdi2 clone.

can you check for me please whenever you will have time if your scanner can clear the engine hours/Has this option? If so I'm gonna buy same one

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you check for me please whenever you will have time if your scanner can clear the engine hours/Has this option? If so I'm gonna buy same one
ya, I will check tomorrow I need to re-calibrate the drivers window anyway it seems to have a mind of it's own

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC