Engine compartment light installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tractoman

Reaction score
So I installed an under hood light like my '98 Suburban has. It is the old school mercury style switch that comes on when the hood is open. $10 shipped from ebay and about an hour to figure out cable routing and location to not drill through the hood and connect the fuse holder to power it. Works for me.

lite1.jpg

lite2.jpg

lite3.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's ok for you to have a light since you don't have a dirty engine bay to hide. It's freakin' clean.

Oh, good job on the light. lol

OP
OP
T

Tractoman

Reaction score
Yes, but just got the thing installed so haven't had a chance. Mostly glad I got it done. It was a project that was easy to blow off for awhile.

DStarr02

Reaction score
Awesome job/writeup. I may have to steal your idea, look like it should've been there when built.

Driveway Warrior

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have the part number you ordered from Ebay? I've been planning on re-building my lite (rusted in half), but it will be far more cost effective to get this one. looks like an identical replacement.
Thanks

OP
OP
T

Tractoman

Reaction score
No part number but my 98 suburban has the same kind so you could search on that. I think I did gmc hood light.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job but, how do you keep it so clean in there? My dad used to just go to a car wash and blast everything under the hood but I'm scared to try that. My engine bay is always dirty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n