Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the future of charging stations will be a combo of solar, wind, and grid power. All with battery backups like the tesla system they have been installing all around the world. I'm constantly blow away by how far we've come. Tesla is killing it

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the future of charging stations will be a combo of solar, wind, and grid power. All with battery backups like the tesla system they have been installing all around the world. I'm constantly blow away by how far we've come. Tesla is killing it

Man, I hope not. Solar and wind are boondoggles. They produce nowhere near the energy they promised the public. They should be splitting atoms more, much more efficient and friendly!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I hope not. Solar and wind are boondoggles. They produce nowhere near the energy they promised the public. They should be splitting atoms more, much more efficient and friendly!

Not to mention windmill cancer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree with the nuclear power but its hard to have something like that one everyones roof top.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a utility problem lol. Most charging will be done at night when business/manufacturing is down.

All the same as what happens when theres hurricanes, blizzards, natural disasters and there no gas at the pumps. Only I can have a generator at home and/or Solar panels to charge
Definitely a grid problem. You can either pollute with vehicle exhausts or powerplant exhausts as most energy is created with steam turbines using coal or natural gas. MUCH more pollution comes from power plants than autos. To cover the switch, 33٪ more power production would be needed. Is every river to be dammed, and every open plain dotted with solar panels or windmills? Not to mention the integrity of the grid itself. How is this a "better" world - looking at all that crap? Another concern would be the disposal of 50 times as many spent batteries...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
L-ion batteries can be recycled at over 90% efficiency.

your truck does not produce power more efficiently than a power plant. You would also need to take into account refinery costs/pollution for usable fuel.

Nuclear is the only answer to replacing coal/gas. But then the same die hard coal fighters turn into liberal hippies and start worrying about the impacts. Renewables may be used as a novelty or in areas where its effective

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely a grid problem. You can either pollute with vehicle exhausts or powerplant exhausts as most energy is created with steam turbines using coal or natural gas. MUCH more pollution comes from power plants than autos. To cover the switch, 33٪ more power production would be needed. Is every river to be dammed, and every open plain dotted with solar panels or windmills? Not to mention the integrity of the grid itself. How is this a "better" world - looking at all that crap? Another concern would be the disposal of 50 times as many spent batteries...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lol. These taking points are more tired than thinking cleaners destroy dash’s.

Pop quiz, per kilowatt hour or 1hp produced what’s more efficient and cleaner, a power plant or a car with an internal combustion engine?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the nuclear power but its hard to have something like that one everyones roof top.

One never gets their money back with solar, soon as the panels are paid off they're dead and need replacement. And then with windmills, they only produce power for about 2-3 hours per day at most; generally speaking. Makes people feel good but still not practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645