Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One never gets their money back with solar, soon as the panels are paid off they're dead and need replacement. And then with windmills, they only produce power for about 2-3 hours per day at most; generally speaking. Makes people feel good but still not practical.

Lol. Honestly. It’s like you guys get your information from pamphlets handed out by the coal industry during the Nixon era.

Current degradation rates of solar panels is between .1-.8% annually....meaning in a worst case scenario you are looking at panels with 84% operational efficiency after 20 years.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when it is all said and done there will be no "cost" saving by going to electric, your local, state and federal government lives off of the gas tax, they will find a way to keep getting the money
lets say you go buy a nice electric Hummer, yay you now produce less carbon than your neighbor with a gas powered hummer
but.....
making your battery for that hummer just ****** you, it will take you 10 years with that original battery to actually have a "equal" carbon footprint to your neighbor with the gas guzzler
by then you will have to purchase a new battery which gets you no-where carbon footprint wise.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when it is all said and done there will be no "cost" saving by going to electric, your local, state and federal government lives off of the gas tax, they will find a way to keep getting the money
lets say you go buy a nice electric Hummer, yay you now produce less carbon than your neighbor with a gas powered hummer
but.....
making your battery for that hummer just ****** you, it will take you 10 years with that original battery to actually have a "equal" carbon footprint to your neighbor with the gas guzzler
by then you will have to purchase a new battery which gets you no-where carbon footprint wise.

Sounds like you probably shouldn’t buy the new GM HUMMER EV.

*shrug*

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Honestly. It’s like you guys get your information from pamphlets handed out by the coal industry during the Nixon era.

Current degradation rates of solar panels is between .1-.8% annually....meaning in a worst case scenario you are looking at panels with 84% operational efficiency after 20 years.

Oh Mr. Contrarian, you know so much that isn't so.

I'd rather my electric Suburban get its power from a nuclear or coal or oil fired plant and not some windmill farm that wipes out tens of thousands of birds, needlessly, let alone hundreds of acres of former farmland reclaimed for solar panels.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Mr. Contrarian, you know so much that isn't so.

I'd rather my electric Suburban get its power from a nuclear or coal or oil fired plant and not some windmill farm that wipes out tens of thousands of birds, needlessly, let alone hundreds of acres of former farmland reclaimed for solar panels.

He says unable to refute anything I said.

Honestly [emoji23]

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is no point in buying one or any EV it makes no difference, they would like for you think it makes a difference though

It makes a big difference in torque, moving parts, convenience and gadget factor.

I won’t try to argue the environmental benefits because I can’t imagine you care.

That’s cool. To each his/her own.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It makes a big difference in torque, moving parts, convenience and gadget factor.

I won’t try to argue the environmental benefits because I can’t imagine you care.

That’s cool. To each his/her own.
LOL, says the guy driving a 3 ton vehicle with a 6.2L engine. Do as I say, not as I do huh? The law of conservation of energy states that it is neither created nor destroyed. The heat loss from mining, transporting, and burning coal to transmit power through a line to a plug to a battery in a car adds up; each step bleeds energy. Simply measuring output from an e car does not mean squat. Your still in the political "has a heart" stage of life. When you get to the "has a brain" stage you can converse with men who know. Just vote your rights away and pay your carbon taxes...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, says the guy driving a 3 ton vehicle with a 6.2L engine. Do as I say, not as I do huh? The law of conservation of energy states that it is neither created nor destroyed. The heat loss from mining, transporting, and burning coal to transmit power through a line to a plug to a battery in a car adds up; each step bleeds energy. Simply measuring output from an e car does not mean squat. Your still in the political "has a heart" stage of life. When you get to the "has a brain" stage you can converse with men who know. Just vote your rights away and pay your carbon taxes...

You seem really emotional and I’m sorry for that.

I never said I cared about the environment nor that I would buy an EV for environmentally beneficial purposes.

I suggest reading more recent peer reviewed studies regarding the subject as many include the full life cycle of the vehicles. Come back after that if you want to engage in a more meaningful, fact based, discussion.

Pro tip: I also suggest picking up a book on grammar. Hard to convincingly argue that you have a solid grasp of thermodynamics when you can’t even discern when to use “your” and “you’re”.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im sure that hose on the end of the gas pump goes directly into 93 octane naturally found in the ground.

i dont drive my yukon 40k miles a year, a hybrid is good for MY bottom line, sorry about your taxes.
coal isnt the only resourced used to generate power, think of all of the power necessary to refine crude oil into usable fuel, all the power needed to ship it around the country, all the gas stations that have to be powered to transfer it into your vehicle. you make a whole to do about the process but seem to get amnesia about fossil fuel fringe costs, wastes. an electric motor is more efficient than an internal combustion engine. there isnt spillage, there isnt rich conditions tanking fuel economy, there isnt motor oil to change.

it goes like this to make an electric car move:

power plant>to my house> my house to my car> it moves. if i drop some electrons on the ground no big deal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons