Electric Fans Vs Clutch Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys

Was sitting today with in the truck and it got so hot that a warning message popped up about the engine being to warm & the AC was shutting down. In defense of the truck it was extremely hot today.

Now this has never happened to me before. My question is would electric fans cool better in stop and go traffic and or idling ? I’ve heard they are more efficient. And if so what would it take to put electric fans in Goldie (My 2007 GMC Yukon XL 2500)

Anyone have any input on this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13BurbanKid

Reaction score
It shouldn't be overheating like that. I would check to make sure the fan clutch is operational or that there isn't an obstruction in your radiator. How high was the temp gauge reading?

Of course you can get electric fans that would move more air than that clutch fan but you would need to fabricate them to work.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fairly easily done just pull a complete fan system out of a 05-14 1500, once you have it wired in, then you would just need it programmed to turn on the fans
that's the basics of it anyway, others I am sure will add some details

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jason is correct though if the fan clutch is working properly then I would just flush it and replace the radiator and you probably won't have that problem anymore

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be overheating like that. I would check to make sure the fan clutch is operational or that there isn't an obstruction in your radiator. How high was the temp gauge reading?

Of course you can get electric fans that would move more air than that clutch fan but you would need to fabricate them to work.

The radiator , and fan clutch are both new

The temp got up to like 235

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't his 07 already have electric fans? Unless the 2500's didn't come stock with them.
Doesn’t have electric fans. I guess the 2500’s got the clutch fans for whatever reason.