ebay e-fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather buy the OEM kit from the group buy at GMFS simply because it's the shrouded factory fan setup. A) it would be pretty much plug-n-play, B) it's shrouded so it will pull more air and cool more efficiently.

Thats not to say that this kit wont work, but I tend to err on the side of caution with stuff like this, and I've grown leery of cheap stuff on e-bay...more times than I care to admit, I've found out that stuff is usually cheap for a reason. What kind of fans are they? What CFMs do they produce? Is there any kind of decent warranty? What if one (or both) crap out on a hot day? Just stuff to consider.

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run those fans with various other rides that were turbo'd imports. Never had any problems.. All my domestic cars up until this point were electric fans already besides the yukon.. Seems like the suv/truck guys frown upon them but they always worked for me. Heck I even ran aluminum ebay radiators at 500hp boosted and no problems

OP
OP
T3rry

T3rry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather buy the OEM kit from the group buy at GMFS simply because it's the shrouded factory fan setup. A) it would be pretty much plug-n-play, B) it's shrouded so it will pull more air and cool more efficiently.

Thats not to say that this kit wont work, but I tend to err on the side of caution with stuff like this, and I've grown leery of cheap stuff on e-bay...more times than I care to admit, I've found out that stuff is usually cheap for a reason. What kind of fans are they? What CFMs do they produce? Is there any kind of decent warranty? What if one (or both) crap out on a hot day? Just stuff to consider.

i saw that group buy, but with these being 1/3 the price, and i am in canada so i will get ***** with shipping, so i am just looking for the most reasonably priced solution possible.

also it says in the auction thee fans are 1550CFM, i dont know how that compares to stock.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying they are necessarily bad fans. I've never used or seen them. My personal preference is just to use OEM stuff if I can. I didn't see that you were in Canada, so yeah, I can definitely see why you'd choose something else.

Vix, it's good that you've had good experiences with e-bay stuff. Mine have been so-so...accordingly, I'm a little headshy with that stuff.

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I have had some bad ones too just not with this subject lol

Its usually hit or miss.

But then again I was using them on hondas and mistus.. I didnt really care.. Now would I have slapped one on something worth more, now that I think about it probably be a little skeptical in TX heat..

OP
OP
T3rry

T3rry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you cant really classify "ebay stuff" in one class, there are millions of sellers with billions of products of varying quality, saying "ebay stuff" is really really generic and inaccurate to make a statment on other than "it was bought on ebay"

i am not sure what i am gonna do, i'll have to think about it, and i still have to save up for a tune to activate the pins and a harness before i can even think about installing efans.

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how did it go? I actually thought about it and running a thermostat type setup and go into the a/c also but I dunno

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our harness uses OEM plugs as it is OEM design, if you use anything other than OEM fans, you may have to change out the plugs.

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone knoe if that guy on gmf still sells efans?? looking for some asap,would appreciate some leads also thanx guys..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy