Drop in oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should buy this and deactivate the active fuel management. It's crap and causes everything from low oil pressure to oil consumption and several other problems. Your problems are only going to get worse until you do or you'll probably be replacing the engine.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/cmb-09-0030

ta08hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the running rough and rpm drop is causing your oil pressure to be a little lower than normal I doubt there is any problem with your oiling system if its just under 40 that's still pretty healthy obviously the higher the rpm the higher the pressure! Is look into coils possible fuel filter tune up stuff

rook

Reaction score
Sounds like when my oil pickup grommet went out. I have a thread on here somewhere. When it goes, it is just rubber - after years of heat it turns to more like plastic and breaks into pieces... when oil is cold or at high revs enough is flowing to give you some pressure, but when you get heated up and come to a stop, drops significantly. Cheap fix, dealership and mechanics won't even talk about it because isn't an expensive part or real difficult fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mtown27

Reaction score
Thanks. Gotta pull the front out and replace the grommet, or pull the pan and do from below?

rook

Reaction score
Pan. To get my pan down I had to pull a lot of stuff: front crossmember, diff, steering, etc. if you could get your pan off without taking a bunch of stuff off, you're luckier than I. It's like a $5 part but a bunch of big bolt stuff to get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mtown27

Reaction score
Pretty easy to do. Took about 3-4 hours total. Crossmember, air deflector and one bracket was all I had to remove. O ring was pretty flat, but it seems to run much better now. Hybrid works now like the day I bought it.

rook

Reaction score
Pretty easy to do. Took about 3-4 hours total. Crossmember, air deflector and one bracket was all I had to remove. O ring was pretty flat, but it seems to run much better now. Hybrid works now like the day I bought it.

Right on. It makes no sense to me how much havoc that little grommet causes when you lose pressure. When mine went there were a couple other warning lights that went off, I think stability control, CEL, low oil. That fixed it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia