Does anyone have any experiencing ordering accessories through the Chevy store online? OR should you buy it through your dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I bought the Husky mats for all the rows as well. Did yours cover part of the Chevrolet logo on the floor? If so, did you cut them?
I still haven’t gotten my Tahoe yet! So I’ll have to revert back hahaha

Crzylgs

Reaction score
I ordered the cargo liner on eBay. Funny enough, the seller was a local dealer too. Called them up directly to buy outside of eBay. Quoted me a higher price (only $5-$10) and would have to drive to them to get it. Or buy on eBay and shipping was included.

The cargo liner does require some mods to get it to stay in place but it’s been covered in another thread. Really easy to do.
Do you remember which thread it talks about helping it stay in place? I wasn't able to find it.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score

I’m having second thoughts on purchasing this now. Seems like people are saying the best method to install them is to drill holes into your existing cargo mat and into the back of your 3rd row seats…and use snaps to clip them in.

I’m afraid god forbid something ever leaked that I have laying on my mats, that liquid would find its way into those snaps and work it’s way into the holes. I’d hate to have that go underneath the cargo area and inside the actual 3rd row seats.

Also, I’m not sure if drilling into those areas will waive any sort of warranty god forbid I have any issues with the interior of my car

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been in for 6 weeks, still in the exact same place I put it to begin with using only the factory attachments. The seats have been up/down 10 or 15 times...
Realistically, if you were to migrate to snaps, would only be the top corners of the back of the seat liners, so your leak would have to happen when the seats were down...You could put a small o-ring around the snap in the mat before installing it, if you were concerned.

Reality is, unless you want 2 different cargo mats, one for when seats are up, and one for when they are down, you have no other choice, other than don't protect the back of the 3rd row seats. If you anticipate most of your cargo hauling w/ the seats up, then the main cargo area mat that comes w/ the rear cargo area mats does the majority of the work...

As for concerns about warranty on the interior...there really is nothing in the zone of the top corners of the seat back covers, I would have no concerns w/ a small screw to hold in a snap there...and if mine start falling down, that is what I am going to do.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
As for concerns about warranty on the interior...there really is nothing in the zone of the top corners of the seat back covers, I would have no concerns w/ a small screw to hold in a snap there...and if mine start falling down, that is what I am going to do.
I know you may not have any concerns but will Chevy or the dealer's service center? Lets say your power folding/raising stops working for your 3rd row...they remove your cargo mats and see you drilled holes into the seats. I'd just be afraid they may say well you're not supposed to do that it waives your warranty for any issues.
I am a pessimist at heart lol - so I worry about these things

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the one that covers the entire trunk space and the back of the 3rd row seats when down, but has the capability to stay attached when you have the 3rd row moves in an upright position? I didn’t realize it was 3 pieces.

I heard mixed reviews on it, mostly about people having issues getting it to stay in place. But it’s the only heavy duty mat I see that’s made that covers the entire it cargo area where you don’t have to remove when you need to move the 3rd row upright.

I bought the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor mats from Husky already, as I’ve read general consensus says they are the best. But their cargo mat only is fits with the 3rd row completely down.
It’s 3 pieces, and has gaps. U have to use 2 sided carpet tape to get it to stick but if u have them all down and throw heavy stuff in there, let’s say a big pack of a bottled water from store, it moves the mats. I thought they were an awesome idea at first but they r thin and do not stay put. Are u in michigan? I’ll sell for $50 LOL

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
It’s 3 pieces, and has gaps. U have to use 2 sided carpet tape to get it to stick but if u have them all down and throw heavy stuff in there, let’s say a big pack of a bottled water from store, it moves the mats. I thought they were an awesome idea at first but they r thin and do not stay put. Are u in michigan? I’ll sell for $50 LOL
Nah - and not exactly a ringing endorsement lol. I think I may get these

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been in for 6 weeks, still in the exact same place I put it to begin with using only the factory attachments. The seats have been up/down 10 or 15 times...
Realistically, if you were to migrate to snaps, would only be the top corners of the back of the seat liners, so your leak would have to happen when the seats were down...You could put a small o-ring around the snap in the mat before installing it, if you were concerned.

Reality is, unless you want 2 different cargo mats, one for when seats are up, and one for when they are down, you have no other choice, other than don't protect the back of the 3rd row seats. If you anticipate most of your cargo hauling w/ the seats up, then the main cargo area mat that comes w/ the rear cargo area mats does the majority of the work...

This is really the answer, and this is what I did. I have a full husky liner that covers when the 3rd row is down. Works perfectly. Underneath that I have a third row liner that stays in permanently below the Husky liner. When we know we are going to use the third row, I just chuck the big liner out in the garage for the occasion. 3rd row is already in and ready to go.
With the one piece Husky liner, you can throw anything in the back wet or dry, with no worries about gaps crevices or places liquid might get through. It’s just the best overall solution versus the GM’s mats which are thin and won’t stay in place without some extra effort…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157