Does anyone have any experiencing ordering accessories through the Chevy store online? OR should you buy it through your dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
This is really the answer, and this is what I did. I have a full husky liner that covers when the 3rd row is down. Works perfectly. Underneath that I have a third row liner that stays in permanently below the Husky liner. When we know we are going to use the third row, I just chuck the big liner out in the garage for the occasion. 3rd row is already in and ready to go.
With the one piece Husky liner, you can throw anything in the back wet or dry, with no worries about gaps crevices or places liquid might get through. It’s just the best overall solution versus the GM’s mats which are thin and won’t stay in place without some extra effort…
I really like this idea, but my only concern is that i know this will happen to me.....there will be a time I have the husky cargo mat in with the 3rd row down, and I am out already driving and now I need to pick someone up who'd need sit in the 3rd row. I will either

1.) don't have time to go home, drop off the mat and go back out
2.) forget to remove it before leaving all together

What do you do in the instance lol?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I pretty much know when I’m going out somewhere that I’m going on a cargo run or that we are going out socially. Like if we are going to a sporting event and we think we are going to possibly have to haul extra kids home I’ll chuck it out. Or if we are going out to dinner with two other couples, I’ll take it out. But I usually know this beforehand. 90% of its life, the huge flat husky Mat stays in, with no consequences.
If it truly was a situation where I had to get that third seat up with the mat in, it will fold over itself and could stand being curled up for a few hours if need be. I’ve never been in a bind yet though…

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
it will fold over itself and could stand being curled up for a few hours if need be. I’ve never been in a bind yet though…
this is actually good to know...i wasn't sure how easily they could fold/curl up if need be.

Tinker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Online is easy to apply the employee accessories discount and apply points. Delivery to dealer is a pain but free.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ordered anything and selected "dealer installation." I want to get trailer tire pressure monitors, and see that an option is "Dealer Installation for $15." When I called the service dept direct, they said they charge about 0.6hr labor for that, which is aroun $80, wondering if selecting the install would get it for $15. Else I will just go to a tire shop and have them do it.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good posts, I had the same idea, when I called my dealer to tell them what I wanted, they offered to sell the items to me, at a substantial discount (about 30 % less than the price on the GM site).
This was an incentive received for buying the truck- I understand you don't want a delay, but the dealer "should" be willing to sell you any after-market GM parts at a discount as part of your purchase.
Alternatively, having shipped to the dealer for free is also a good plan-
It's about saving you as much as possible, while getting what you want, give the dealer a try and ask their parts manager (or the sales manager) if they can provide the parts to you at the discounted rate, and you'll pick them up when the arrive.
I also did this for my illuminated sill plates, (I found them on the GM Site, called my dealer and asked and he said, "I'll order them for you, and let you know when they're in, and we'll install them for you at no charge). This was back in 2015, so I don't know if the incentives are still available, but worth a shot.

robhotdog

Reaction score
To answer your original question. DEALER or On line..Get the GM part # and search online. Many GM wholesale sites. Save money almost always! The dealer has to buy and mark up to pay people to work there. Sometimes your selling dealer will sell you at cost. SHOP!

fr8bil

Reaction score
Ordered the Brembo Performance Brakes and saw how GM had jacked-up the price recently. Googled their part number and I saved over $650.00 on the same part/kit ordering through GMpartswarehouse.com. Had to fork over $99.00 for shipping since this is a HEAVY item but still saved a bundle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14