Does anyone have any experiencing ordering accessories through the Chevy store online? OR should you buy it through your dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying the Integrated Cargo Liner for the Tahoe, that I should be hopefully getting soon.

I see on the Chevy website to buy it - the options are to have it sent to the dealer for pickup, have it sent to your home or have it sent to the dealer for installation.

I've done a lot of reviews and have heard this liner can be good if installed with a few tricks and extra things you want to apply, so I'd prefer to just have it sent to my home. Plus I don't have the car yet, so it'll just sit at the dealer anyway.

However I wonder if there is any incentive to buy it at the dealership or let my salesman know I want to add it on. I don't want to delay my order as well - so I'm not sure if I'd even want to mention it to him.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I order stuff all the time and send dealer cuz it’s free, I just text my salesman and he sticks it in his office until I get it. And if there’s something u want added to your order, liners, mudflats, etc...they just order thru parts and it’ll sit at the dealer. It won’t change your order if it’s already been accepted by GM.
And I have the cargo liner that comes in 3 pieces, it sucks, total waste of money. Bought a 1 piece liner on Amazon for like $90 and the third row is down 99% of the time.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought several items online both through GMC and Dodge...pretty much every time either they are having a "sale" or you can find an additional discount code online...and haven't had any issue with them either being shipped there or pulled from the dealer's existing inventory

bought some floor mats for a new Ram and the dealer wouldn't accept payment over the phone or hold them (ridiculous) ...so i bought them online for $40 cheaper and then drove up there and picked them up

discount.JPG

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Online is the way to go. As stated you get free shipping to the dealer and quite often there is a discount available with online orders that’s not available at the stealership

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What they said. I ordered all 3 rows of floor liners, the cargo area liner, and the cargo shade in December when they were running 25% off for orders over $500, had it delivered to dealer. Picked up, stuff sat in my garage and I took it with me in Feb when I picked up my ride...and my sales guy helped me install the stuff and we left the boxes at the dealer in the dumpster there.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
And I have the cargo liner that comes in 3 pieces, it sucks, total waste of money. Bought a 1 piece liner on Amazon for like $90 and the third row is down 99% of the time.

Are you talking about the one that covers the entire trunk space and the back of the 3rd row seats when down, but has the capability to stay attached when you have the 3rd row moves in an upright position? I didn’t realize it was 3 pieces.

I heard mixed reviews on it, mostly about people having issues getting it to stay in place. But it’s the only heavy duty mat I see that’s made that covers the entire it cargo area where you don’t have to remove when you need to move the 3rd row upright.

I bought the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor mats from Husky already, as I’ve read general consensus says they are the best. But their cargo mat only is fits with the 3rd row completely down.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually live the factory 3 piece liner. Admittedly, I don’t haul a lot of sloppy stuff in my vehicle. So, it serves its purpose well. So far it has stayed in place just fine.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying the Integrated Cargo Liner for the Tahoe, that I should be hopefully getting soon.

I see on the Chevy website to buy it - the options are to have it sent to the dealer for pickup, have it sent to your home or have it sent to the dealer for installation.

I've done a lot of reviews and have heard this liner can be good if installed with a few tricks and extra things you want to apply, so I'd prefer to just have it sent to my home. Plus I don't have the car yet, so it'll just sit at the dealer anyway.

However I wonder if there is any incentive to buy it at the dealership or let my salesman know I want to add it on. I don't want to delay my order as well - so I'm not sure if I'd even want to mention it to him.

I appreciate your help in advance.

What tricks did you learn? Mine does not stay in place as good as I would like it too.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Are you talking about the one that covers the entire trunk space and the back of the 3rd row seats when down, but has the capability to stay attached when you have the 3rd row moves in an upright position? I didn’t realize it was 3 pieces.

I heard mixed reviews on it, mostly about people having issues getting it to stay in place. But it’s the only heavy duty mat I see that’s made that covers the entire it cargo area where you don’t have to remove when you need to move the 3rd row upright.

I bought the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor mats from Husky already, as I’ve read general consensus says they are the best. But their cargo mat only is fits with the 3rd row completely down.
I bought the Husky mats for all the rows as well. Did yours cover part of the Chevrolet logo on the floor? If so, did you cut them?

GoHeels

Reaction score
I ordered the cargo liner on eBay. Funny enough, the seller was a local dealer too. Called them up directly to buy outside of eBay. Quoted me a higher price (only $5-$10) and would have to drive to them to get it. Or buy on eBay and shipping was included.

The cargo liner does require some mods to get it to stay in place but it’s been covered in another thread. Really easy to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues