DJM RK2000 Kit Necessary for 2/4 Drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting parts gathered to drop my 01 Yukon Denali, with the kit from either TBSS Owners or Summit (looks like they're identical). Those that have done this, are the LCA relocation brackets and sway bar end links necessary? I have no problem adding them, just don't want to if they're not needed. I'm assuming the brackets would be, due to the angle change of the LCAs once the rear is lowered. It looks like these links are shorter too?

I'm pretty sure I'm answering my own questions here lol, just looking for others experience with them.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting parts gathered to drop my 01 Yukon Denali, with the kit from either TBSS Owners or Summit (looks like they're identical). Those that have done this, are the LCA relocation brackets and sway bar end links necessary? I have no problem adding them, just don't want to if they're not needed. I'm assuming the brackets would be, due to the angle change of the LCAs once the rear is lowered. It looks like these links are shorter too?

I'm pretty sure I'm answering my own questions here lol, just looking for others experience with them.

I'd add them with anything over 3" rear drop. The DJM end links are especially needed since they put the sway bar back parallel, as it should be. More importantly, they also shift the bar over about an inch to solve an interference issue.

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also saw something about the wheels not being centered in the wheel well after a drop this much. I'll be ordering these as well then.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also saw something about the wheels not being centered in the wheel well after a drop this much. I'll be ordering these as well then.

They'll be slightly forward, but it's often not so noticeable. They'll also be not centered side-to-side. This can cause the outer shoulder of one tire to rub the fender while the other side has plenty of clearance. In more extreme cases, the coil spring can rub the frame on one side. An adjustable panhard bar fixes this. Or, if you're really thrifty and can weld, you can cut your stock panhard, center the body to the axle, and weld the panhard back together.

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already ordered an adjustable panhard bar from Spohn to center the axle side to side. Also have one coming for my Camaro that is going lower too lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu