Discount Tire and mounting tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

syclnjr

Reaction score
Oh also they wouldn't match a better price from discount tire direct. Just ridiculous. Ordering from some place else now lol

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
I bet I know why they didn't want to install them. If anything they were too lazy to deal with that small of a sidewall, bc they are a ***** to install or they do not have the machine which the first reason is more likely unless their store manager is a dusher and doesn't like to spend money on good equipment. Ehh thier loss I wouldn't have let u walk out of that store like that.

SBK RACER

Reaction score
If I want 16.5" inch tires mounted on my 17" inch wheels... They are not going to try mounting them... Get the right tires for the wheels you got...

If they say that they are not going to mount them on your vehicle because the offset is way off... Then take just the wheels, not the vehicle... That way they do not have the liability of making work outside the standard.

They are not being ass hats... They are covering their ass...

OP
OP
S

syclnjr

Reaction score
SBK----

I understand that positioning if I wanted to install a tire that was way to wide for the wheel, but this isn't the case. AS I am sure that you are a aware there have been 100's if not 1000's of people that I have put this size tire on the GM 22x9 wheel with no issues at all.

I can also understand covering their ass but they should have a waiver policy that you could sign to cut the liability of them to your vehicle. IF it was a warranty issue on the tire, then how is it I can order this size tire from Discount Tire direct with the certs and everything else and not have an issue, they don't ask what size wheel they are going on for that.

I did take the wheel only in without mentioning the vehicle and they wouldn't mount them on the rim due to the wheel stamping stating it is a 22x9.

It is what it is and typically with Discount I never have an issue, they are very nice individuals to deal with, but this dude wasn't at all. It would be a different scenario when I asked to chat with a manager to completely understand why they list the tire size as a viable replacement to the 285/45, but this dude flat out told me it wouldn't do me any good. I know for a fact a manager can override the size issue, within reason, as I have a friend that is a store manager in another state that has done it for me before.

Maybe it is just this store that is an issue, I don't know. Not causing a war over this issue, I have submitted an inquiry to their corporate offices about possibly putting a waiver in place, we will see where this leads as I am sure there are others that are in the same position that I am.

SBK RACER

Reaction score
I see what you mean...

I do see that the tires are 12.2" wide and are meant for a 10-12" wheel... You have about 4" of tire sidewall to flex 1-1/2" on each side. I think they are just covering their ass.

I bet you if you had more sidewall it would not be an issue at all...

OP
OP
S

syclnjr

Reaction score
yeah this is likely why they recommended or could do at least the 305/45/22.

Plus every tire manufacturers measurements are going to be a little different than others, but the 9 inch wheel will fall out of the recommended guidelines of most. Oh well, I put through the order through my local tire place, get the put on next week.

We will see what Discounts corporate office says about the situation.

Thanks for the comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasahigh303