Died after slowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtp1500

Reaction score
Hey everyone, had the 07 Yukon XL Denali all packed up with the family getting ready to go on a 4hr trip when it died at an intersection. I cranked on it but it wouldn't fire, a few times I thought it may have wanted but wasn't really sure. I had filled up a few days ago but it didn't spudder or show any signs of bad gas or throw any codes...

A neighbor happened by so we pulled the battery terminal off and waited a minute to replace, got in and on the third attempt after having foot to the floor it took off, without the foot to the floor it wasn't going to start, quite a bit of hesitation until the motor hit 2 or 3 grand but then purred like a kitten.
I took off back home and when I slowed to make the turn it died again, foot to the floor took right off and made it home. Shut it off and fires back just fine.

The back story, a few days ago I replaced the oil pan gasket due to an oil leak and changed the oil pickup o ring since I'd been having low oil pressure, front diff and all that other fun stuff came out but put a few hundred miles on after that repair with absolutely no problems. After doing all that I still had the leak so I'm sure its the rear main or the plate, so to buy some time I put in some ATP 205 sealer, after it seemed like my oil pressure dropped considerably but maybe just a coincidence.

Could it be dying from a drop in oil pressure? Its idling pressure warm is 14-20 psi.
Thanks for any input.

OP
OP
gtp1500

gtp1500

Reaction score
Just remembered for the last few months the ignition has been acting up so I'm betting it has to be related to that.

Just was able to replicate it twice, not quite hard braking and it dies, foot to the floor and a few attempts it starts but sounds like a flooded engine then clears out.

What could it be?

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Check your air intake tube.... If it has been removed recently maybe it didn't get put back on real well.... If it is sucking in air POST MAF sensor it will die because it will be running lean.

OP
OP
gtp1500

gtp1500

Reaction score
I think it ended up being water in my gas tank! I put 3 cans of sea foam in it then decided to replace the cam position sensor since it had been throwing that code off and on... Wow what a pain in the.... Ended up having to remove the water pump and vvt solenoid to get it removed. So far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman