Denali 6.2 owners , and Tahoe Rst 6.2 please post your MPGs and contribute by posting here..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syniba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well didn’t get to head up to stuart but went to Lake Okeechobee. My highway milage calculation. Went with full tank of gas and filled back when when arrived home. I drove 225 miles and computer average is 22 . By calculation of fill up and dived miles driven I got 20.1 mile per gallon. The Suv was filled with 5 people and average speed like 63 miles.
The Highway milage is great 22 mpg it is in the city I guess it doesn’t perform as well getting low mpgs.

View attachment 207968

I thought you can only get the 6.2 on the Premier trim level, which includes the 8" DIC. Your picture shows the DIC from the LT trim level.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I predict an almost new RST fire sale coming. Let me know if I can take it off your hands. With MPGs that low, I want $25k off MSRP, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes hope the moderator is out of town this week cause I’m reposting . I had to repost not enough owners posted before I got desperate and anxious . I wanna know what is your city MPGs. I’m asking cause mine is not getting any better and im anxious dealer says wait till it broken in 3500 miles. IM ABOUT TO BREAK IT IN WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER AND HIT IT TILL I loose all frustration . I had a lemon with my Ford F-250 a while back leaked oil brand new . Now this one has low mpgs 8 Or 9 driving it slow . So understand I Just wanna know if anyone been in my shoes with new Tahoe or Denali .And has had mpg like this and then it improved. The dealer says just wait till it breaks in .And no I havn't had time to go on long trip . I do all is city driving. But not heavy traffic . I doubt it that there can be something wrong with the fuel system dealer checked it out no errors or codes Please contribute I’m beat up over this any idea all your thoughts are welcome
It sounds like you are looking for mpg info for later models with the 6.2. But, if you are interested, I have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali with a 6.2, Gibson extreme cat-back dual exhaust, Airaid MIT, and a Black Bear Performance ECM/TCM custom performance tune. I get about 10 mpg in the city (lower, if my foot is heavier) and 15 mpg on the highway.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went up 27 to belle glade and pocochanti small town ,didn’t see much around there just a good gas station.And the town has lots of sugar cane fields I thinks . You know all the good places to eat how you find em all .

These are the towns I've lived and grown up in. Used to eat all the time in Belle Glade but mostly at commercial restaurants. Over in Clewiston we'd eat at the Clewiston Inn, when it was open, and Old South BBQ, when it was open. Then just Sonny's BBQ, which is great too.

Good thing you didn't head north out of Belle Glade on 98 to Pahokee and Canal Point, all of your passengers would have needed back surgery and new teeth, that's a rough road! Pahokee is even smaller than Belle Glade and you should see the town of Bryant! It's gone, just slabs where the houses and buildings once stood.

Yes, all sugar and sweet corn and other tasty things are grown out there. The sweet corn is awesome, you can peel and eat it raw and its simply delicious! That Belle Glade muck is the best soil for corn and sugar cane. They also rotate crops and grow rice and sod.

Bryingram4

Reaction score
You don’t buy the biggest suv with the biggest engine and care about MPG! They do not mix man. If you have the money to own a new denali, you should have the money to fill it up. It’s what you signed up for. The are so many variables that effect the mpg. I get 11-14 mpg in the city and I drive like an ******* 1/2 the time. You need to dive long distance to get better mpgs

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you finally took your 6.2 RST for a good run. Nothing wrong with it just like everyone here said.

Well yes your right I can rest better at night now lol. If it does good milage in highway then it just in the city where it needs to adjust.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t buy the biggest suv with the biggest engine and care about MPG! They do not mix man. If you have the money to own a new denali, you should have the money to fill it up. It’s what you signed up for. The are so many variables that effect the mpg. I get 11-14 mpg in the city and I drive like an ******* 1/2 the time. You need to dive long distance to get better mpgs

I hear you but the first week I filled up twice 6 mile to gallon or 7. Remember it a GM not a G Wagon, that why I would expect better milage . And I have a heavy foot I havnt not even stepped on it .

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the towns I've lived and grown up in. Used to eat all the time in Belle Glade but mostly at commercial restaurants. Over in Clewiston we'd eat at the Clewiston Inn, when it was open, and Old South BBQ, when it was open. Then just Sonny's BBQ, which is great too.

Good thing you didn't head north out of Belle Glade on 98 to Pahokee and Canal Point, all of your passengers would have needed back surgery and new teeth, that's a rough road! Pahokee is even smaller than Belle Glade and you should see the town of Bryant! It's gone, just slabs where the houses and buildings once stood.

Yes, all sugar and sweet corn and other tasty things are grown out there. The sweet corn is awesome, you can peel and eat it raw and its simply delicious! That Belle Glade muck is the best soil for corn and sugar cane. They also rotate crops and grow rice and sod.

I was in Pahokee I went thru there seem some areas deserted . I guess 2007 economy melt down hit the town hard. I’m a sucker for Bar B Q food . What are the best place you eaten BAr B Q from that you can call Southern.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you are looking for mpg info for later models with the 6.2. But, if you are interested, I have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali with a 6.2, Gibson extreme cat-back dual exhaust, Airaid MIT, and a Black Bear Performance ECM/TCM custom performance tune. I get about 10 mpg in the city (lower, if my foot is heavier) and 15 mpg on the highway.

That’s is what I’m at in the city almost near like 8 or 9 mpg . But in highway doing better I’m in 21 mpg.