Denali 6.2 owners , and Tahoe Rst 6.2 please post your MPGs and contribute by posting here..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you can only get the 6.2 on the Premier trim level, which includes the 8" DIC. Your picture shows the DIC from the LT trim level.

It a weird package I’ll say cause it a premier and no sun roof which is what I wanted. It basic at same time as fully loaded .

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I predict an almost new RST fire sale coming. Let me know if I can take it off your hands. With MPGs that low, I want $25k off MSRP, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t be surprised... but Tahoe RST I think it all hype I havnt driven it hard even at the dealer. At the test run I drove normal even if I didn’t buy it to not mess up breakin period for whomever wanted to buy it. I don’t think it fast seems faster than the 5.3 no lag. But fast I don’t know about that . It might be fast for the how heavy it is . But I not sure if it is. Only stepped on it twice and seem ok nothing that me go wow at least for now I’ll keep you posted.

Jwachevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes hope the moderator is out of town this week cause I’m reposting . I had to repost not enough owners posted before I got desperate and anxious . I wanna know what is your city MPGs. I’m asking cause mine is not getting any better and im anxious dealer says wait till it broken in 3500 miles. IM ABOUT TO BREAK IT IN WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER AND HIT IT TILL I loose all frustration . I had a lemon with my Ford F-250 a while back leaked oil brand new . Now this one has low mpgs 8 Or 9 driving it slow . So understand I Just wanna know if anyone been in my shoes with new Tahoe or Denali .And has had mpg like this and then it improved. The dealer says just wait till it breaks in .And no I havnt had time to go on long trip . I do all is city driving. But not heavy traffic . I doubt it that there can be something wrong with the fuel system dealer checked it out no errors or codes Please contribute I’m beat up over this any idea all your thoughts are welcome

Jorge - here’s the deal. The dealers is correct, I was a Chevrolet service director for 28 years at a large dealership, GM wouldn’t even let me look at mileage complaints under 5000 miles. When GM puts the MPG on the window sticker the vehicle is Tested in a control environment, say 55 mph @ 70 degrees - low Humidity and low to no wind. I bought my 17 Sierra Denali 6.2 for Style comfort and performance.
NOT FOR GREAT FUEL MILEAGE. If I wanted that I would of purchased a Colorado or Canyon. If all your worries are fuel mileage you may want to get a more economical vehicle, but remember your giving up the Comfort and performance.
My 17 Denali 6.2 gets 9 to 12 mpg. My 2017 Escalade 6.2 gets 14 mpg (wife drives) my sons 15 Sierra 5.3 gets 18 MPG. Drive the truck and enjoy
Or get a base 5.3 Tahoe. Life’s too short my man.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jorge - here’s the deal. The dealers is correct, I was a Chevrolet service director for 28 years at a large dealership, GM wouldn’t even let me look at mileage complaints under 5000 miles. When GM puts the MPG on the window sticker the vehicle is Tested in a control environment, say 55 mph @ 70 degrees - low Humidity and low to no wind. I bought my 17 Sierra Denali 6.2 for Style comfort and performance.
NOT FOR GREAT FUEL MILEAGE. If I wanted that I would of purchased a Colorado or Canyon. If all your worries are fuel mileage you may want to get a more economical vehicle, but remember your giving up the Comfort and performance.
My 17 Denali 6.2 gets 9 to 12 mpg. My 2017 Escalade 6.2 gets 14 mpg (wife drives) my sons 15 Sierra 5.3 gets 18 MPG. Drive the truck and enjoy
Or get a base 5.3 Tahoe. Life’s too short my man.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted . I would not have thought going to base model after I drove 6.2 .The 6.2 never lagged when I pressed it. The issue was when I filled it up first time in two days hardly driving and I saw the 6 miles to the gallon average. That when I thought something was wrong and freaked me out if I bought a lemon or something milage has improved minimal to 8 mpg in city . And the highway around 21 . Just the city is where it low I think the mpgs are not goof

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in Pahokee I went thru there seem some areas deserted . I guess 2007 economy melt down hit the town hard. I’m a sucker for Bar B Q food . What are the best place you eaten BAr B Q from that you can call Southern.

My wife and I have never had a bad meal from Famous Dave's over in Fort Myers. Dustin's up in Edgewater for lunch was simply delicious! The brisket was fantastic. We have some good ones here in town too, even food trucks. But down in Miami, you've got to have some good BBQ down there too!

Gary is well traveled, he's got to know of some places too. @Miami-Dade

My favorite place for baby back ribs is Flanigan's, though fresh tuna steak is good eating too!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary is well traveled, he's got to know of some places too. @Miami-Dade

In Miami I definitely recommend Nexxt Café on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach..Been going there for years..I also recommend Texas Roadhouse on US 1 in Florida City..Flanagan's on Bird Road is also very good..In Key West I recommend Caroline's Café on Duval Street.

In Saint Augustine I recommend Ned's Southside Kitchen..A lot of regulars go there everyday.

In Savannah Georgia I recommend Sweet Tea Grille..I go there every time I head to NYC as I lay over in Savannah..A lot of regulars go there and food and service is awesome..Plus it is very reasonable..It is off I-95 at exit 109 in Port Wentworth.

In Roanoke Virginia I recommend El Rodeo next to the Hampton Inn off of I-81. Awesome food and service.

In Emporia Virginia I recommend Pancho's Cantina.

In New York City I go to Café 82 every night of the week..Awesome food and service..Been going there for over 25 years as I was a regular there before I moved to Florida..It is on Broadway at 82nd Street..Btw I still have the same waiter from day 1..If you go there ask for Miguel.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Miami I definitely recommend Nexxt Café on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach..Been going there for years..I also recommend Texas Roadhouse on US 1 in Florida City..Flanagan's on Bird Road is also very good..In Key West I recommend Caroline's Café on Duval Street.

In Saint Augustine I recommend Ned's Southside Kitchen..A lot of regulars go there everyday.

In Savannah Georgia I recommend Sweet Tea Grille..I go there time I head to NYC as I lay over in Savannah..A lot of regulars go there and food and service is awesome..Plus it is very reasonable..It is off I-95 at exit 109 in Port Wentworth.

In Roanoke Virginia I recommend El Rodeo next to the Hampton Inn off of I-81. Awesome food and service.

In Emporia Virginia I recommend Pancho's Cantina.

In New York City I go to Café 82 every night of the week..Awesome food and service..Been going there for over 25 years as I was a regular there before I moved to Florida..It is on Broadway at 82nd Street..Btw I still have the same waiter from day 1..If you go there ask for Miguel.

You do have some good recommendations. Do you typically drive from Miami to/from NYC?

You’re mention of Cafe 82 reminded me of Seinfeld. I think the place (Tom’s maybe) they went to in the show was not too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syniba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It a weird package I’ll say cause it a premier and no sun roof which is what I wanted. It basic at same time as fully loaded .
Looks like I was wrong, just checked my window sticker and the 8" DIC with HUD was an $850 otion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9