Debating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All major points already hit.

No payment. Low miles. Maintenance history known. No AFM. 6.2L. I'd keep it and think about some mods to keep you interested. Spend some time on this forum and you will not run out of any ideas to make your ride fresh to you every day. Detailing, performance, interior, exterior to the Nth degree. The knowledge on the TYF is unreal the technical and aesthetic knowledge. Anything that can be done to these trucks in contained in these pages. Have fun and enjoy that Denali!!

OP
OP
Tammy Schrader

Tammy Schrader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have a two car garage, put the other one next to your Denali if money is no hindrance. I'd keep the Denali, in fact, my wife likes yours and wants me to buy her one now. So we'll have two of this kind in our driveway soon and a third about a year later for our youngest.
Everyone says to keep the Denali, she is just a perfect machine with no issues and I honestly love the power

OP
OP
Tammy Schrader

Tammy Schrader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All major points already hit.

No payment. Low miles. Maintenance history known. No AFM. 6.2L. I'd keep it and think about some mods to keep you interested. Spend some time on this forum and you will not run out of any ideas to make your ride fresh to you every day. Detailing, performance, interior, exterior to the Nth degree. The knowledge on the TYF is unreal the technical and aesthetic knowledge. Anything that can be done to these trucks in contained in these pages. Have fun and enjoy that Denali!!
OH I am making a list of things to do, Thinking a new exhaust to give her a better rumble and possible a light bar inside the front grill :)

OP
OP
Tammy Schrader

Tammy Schrader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Financially: You won't get what your Denali is worth and what time and money you've already put into it will all be wasted. The few extra MPG the newer one will return is nothing compared to the note. Insurance may (or is likely to?) go up as well.

Mechanically: IMO, the newer generation is too much of a gamble in any of it's many increasingly complicated systems. Your Denali doesn't have AFM and that alone is a huge benefit. The new one does have it and if something fails, apparently, it can't be fixed because head gaskets don't exist for that 6.2.

Aesthetically: Sure, the new one is pretty. But is it pretty enough to go into debt to venture into what is essentially uncharted territory?
you are totally right and I have decided to keep her, she is original around here and I have put so much love and work into her. I am just going to think of new things that I can do and not have a car payment :) We already have one personal car payment and 2 for the business trucks . So I will continue to be a Denali owner :)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Smart move. The "newer vehicle" bug will go away as you do more customizing. I have an 02 that have owned over 3 years. Low mileage and paid for and runs like a top. I looked at newer rigs and just got disappointed at every turn. I said, after a month of looking, I am keeping mine and fixing it up. I now have new tires and wheels. New driver's seat bottom. New exhaust this morning. Soon to replace the front chrome portion of the bumper because of a very small dent in it and installing the Corvette servo in the trans and then a new paint job and then lights and then.....etc.

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am seriously looking at this 2018 Tahoe and selling my Denali. It is really a hard decision for me. My denali is my girl and I have done so much to make her unique to me. My denali is close to 38,000 miles 6.2 L94 engine but this Tahoe is just beautiful and has the EcoTec3 6.2L V8 with almost 17,000 miles. What would you do?
Would you mind sharing what type of headlights those are? How well do they perform?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are totally right and I have decided to keep her, she is original around here and I have put so much love and work into her. I am just going to think of new things that I can do and not have a car payment :) We already have one personal car payment and 2 for the business trucks . So I will continue to be a Denali owner :)

Yes! Continue to make it "yours" by making mods and not by making payments.

American Bobtails in your avatar?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Interesting how a trouble free vehicle makes you wonder about a trade or sale. As much as I’d love to have the heated/cooled seats and updated audio, I love the sound of pif.

I’ve got an apple car play install on the horizon and new foam/leather for the driver seat. After seeing the thread on pulling the dash and recovering it in UV resistant material I’m in for the long haul on our 08 XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Rat

Reaction score
I dont really think they will give me what I want for the Denali on trade. I would be better off selling private and getting double what they would offer

Any Dealer will TOTALLY hose you on the value! Keep it. She’s a nice looking truck!