Debating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, probably not - didnt see it was an 08 ‐ looks newer. How the heck you only put 3k miles a year on it?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, probably not - didnt see it was an 08 ‐ looks newer. How the heck you only put 3k miles a year on it?

I am a resident self storage manager and I live where I work and I only put about 2500 miles a year on my 2002 that I bought used 3 years ago with about 152k on it and now has 159k.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do it. Much better tech, mpg, and a folding 3rd row. You should get a really nice trade in with that low milage. Not to mention all the extra storage space for crap around center console and mid door etc. Best part is you get to start doing fresh mods again...

I understand what you're saying but if you get into a new vehicle just to chase new tech then you'll constantly be chasing your tail because tech always changes. It's probably just a different way of thinking and everyone has their own thing but I'd rather keep what I have and have spent some time on rather than chasing the latest and greatest tech. If you're going to do that anwyay, GM isn't keeping up and you'd probably be better off with another manufacturer who's doing it better right because GM is way behind most of the major players in that department with their newer vehicles.

Sarah_279

Reaction score
It's a tough call, I can see why you're torn.

I would keep the Denali. If I were you..

It looks mint (because it is) and if it's not giving you any issues, honestly that's priceless right there. If you're sick of it you can put some money into more custom stuff to spice things up. Your Denali looks awesome, BTW. Over the years, I think it's normal to get desensitized to our own vehicles.

New tech does seem tempting, but a lot of it is nanny aids which are over-rated anyway. (just my opinion, if those things are important to you, that's cool. But I find some of it to actually be annoying personally) Just something to think about.

I guess this is a good problem to have? 2 great trucks to choose from, you can't really go wrong no matter what.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience, I would NOT do it. I have been a GM guy my whole life. I learned a very expensive lesson, that newer is not always better. Money was not the issue but in hindsight it is all wasted money for me. I had bought a new 2007 GMC 5.3 4 speed. Best truck I owned. Sold it with 67,000 miles. It didn't take long for regret to set in. A year later I am in the new platform a 2014 Silverado CC LTZ 5.3/ 6 speed. Many issues. They had incentives, good trade value, so I double down on a 2015 Sierra CC SLT 5.3 6 speed 3.42's. Too many issues to list, but the biggest was vibrations they could not solve. I trade into a 2015 Yukon XL Denali 6.2 8 speed. Nightmare truck. Vibrations, transmission was out of the truck 2 times. 12 different warranties. Dealer offers to take it back at a reasonable trade I order a new 2017 Denali Yukon XL. After 18 months of going to the dealer with that one I gave up. I traded out into a S550. I then bought a 2013 Suburban LTZ and could not be happier. More comfortable, better seats all around a nice ride.

To be fair I will give you the good points although I feel the bad outweighs the good especially at that price point!

Fast as hell. Great gas mileage. Great presence and appearance when it pulls up. Tech is ok nothing great. Very slow booting up for the phone and bluetooth. Actually ridiculous.

The ride was too tight almost harsh. 22" rims don't help. Vibrations, and booming inside. (known huge issue, google it) Some have it some don't. Interior is the same as a pick up. Cheap inside. Nice yes but this is a 75K truck! So not nice enough. HVAC system is loud. Its just too loud, you can always hear it. Seats have to have been the worst seats I have ever owned in any vehicle. The Denali is actually worse than a pick up because it has different stitching going across the seat that feel like rubber bands across your back! No comfort at all. Very basic hard seats. Too expensive for what your getting. It wasn't the money for me, it was the lack of value.

If you go on some forums, you would not believe the issues with the new platform.

Gm is scrambling to catch up to the Dodge interior and Lincoln Navigator. They are eating GM's Lunch. Unfortunately I am a GM guy. I regret wasting my time and money on the new platform. Believe me I kept trying to convince myself it was great...it just wasn't and I went back to a 2013.

I will bet you the next platform will be much better.

You have gold, hold onto it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Financially: You won't get what your Denali is worth and what time and money you've already put into it will all be wasted. The few extra MPG the newer one will return is nothing compared to the note. Insurance may (or is likely to?) go up as well.

Mechanically: IMO, the newer generation is too much of a gamble in any of it's many increasingly complicated systems. Your Denali doesn't have AFM and that alone is a huge benefit. The new one does have it and if something fails, apparently, it can't be fixed because head gaskets don't exist for that 6.2.

Aesthetically: Sure, the new one is pretty. But is it pretty enough to go into debt to venture into what is essentially uncharted territory?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a two car garage, put the other one next to your Denali if money is no hindrance. I'd keep the Denali, in fact, my wife likes yours and wants me to buy her one now. So we'll have two of this kind in our driveway soon and a third about a year later for our youngest.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am seriously looking at this 2018 Tahoe and selling my Denali. It is really a hard decision for me. My denali is my girl and I have done so much to make her unique to me. My denali is close to 38,000 miles 6.2 L94 engine but this Tahoe is just beautiful and has the EcoTec3 6.2L V8 with almost 17,000 miles. What would you do?
I am seriously looking at this 2018 Tahoe and selling my Denali. It is really a hard decision for me. My denali is my girl and I have done so much to make her unique to me. My denali is close to 38,000 miles 6.2 L94 engine but this Tahoe is just beautiful and has the EcoTec3 6.2L V8 with almost 17,000 miles. What would you do? View attachment 232728
1edf6c856e0625a3d50155ff9aa89ffb.jpg

View attachment 232728
1edf6c856e0625a3d50155ff9aa89ffb.jpg

If I traded In my wife every time I got bored or saw something prettier, I’d be paying a lot of alimony or in your case, car payments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE