Battery Replacement a Professional Job?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bad_idea

Reaction score
I replaced the battery and the negative cable this morning. Wasn't a bad job. The negative cable was mildly annoying, had to pull the passenger tire and wheel liner to get to the engine ground.

Someone could have warned me the alarm will start going off when the battery is hooked back up! That was a surprise. Fortunately the key was in my pocket to shut it up.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the battery and the negative cable this morning. Wasn't a bad job. The negative cable was mildly annoying, had to pull the passenger tire and wheel liner to get to the engine ground.

Someone could have warned me the alarm will start going off when the battery is hooked back up! That was a surprise. Fortunately the key was in my pocket to shut it up.
We like surprises...... !!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it shouldn't have set off the alarm, but could have caused a funky handshake therefore making the alarm go off but normally it wouldn't.

OP
OP
B

bad_idea

Reaction score
We have the 'auto-lock' feature turned on. I opened the driver's door, opened the hood, closed the door, the alarm set, then I swapped the battery. My thought (hindsight) is the truck was not happy power was lost for a period of time while the alarm was active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan