Damaged in transit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhardy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After ordering a Denali XL in mid-February, getting a build date of May 5th, and waiting on a carrier for three weeks...

UWlSRAGzdOYc4O_pq7dBvPqQHomFO1x-QNILvI8J7vk=w602-h1069-no

Sigh.

Rather than let them fix it and pay ~72k for a new vehicle that has already had body work done on it, I opted to go for a regular Denali that had showed up while mine was waiting to be built. Exact same options as my build, just a bit shorter. Mostly happy but still not the one I really wanted. :blah:

Mu78JWSo1T8MuqS-K1wDGNyhnv8eCyfiBawgvnb9G_U=w1895-h1066-no

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it's not what you wanted, why did you take it? You go through the trouble of ordering the one you want, shit happens, and you settle for less. Do you know how many new cars and trucks are sold with some repair work because of transit damage? I would have had them fix it and drop the price accordingly.

OP
OP
J

jbhardy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if it's not what you wanted, why did you take it? You go through the trouble of ordering the one you want, shit happens, and you settle for less. Do you know how many new cars and trucks are sold with some repair work because of transit damage? I would have had them fix it and drop the price accordingly.

I'm aware shipping damage does happen, is repaired, and most people are none the wiser. Many people would have probably been fine with a fix and a price drop. Price wasn't an issue for me - new and not immediately visiting a body shop was. Additionally, this damage occurred during the great flood of 2015, so who knows how much water ended up inside during transport.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have def PASSED on buying a 70+k wrecked vehicle like you did.

However, I would have waited and got what I really wanted. The dealer also would have provided me with a sizable discount for my headache.

12many

Reaction score
I would have passed too. Sorry that happened. How frustrating.

You might be happier with the one you got over time. You may only need the extra room once in awhile but it can be pain to have a suv that is even longer than the standard. Advantages both ways.

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet with that amount of damage and you not wanting it, the vehicle was refused by the dealer. When damage gets to a certain dollar amount they have the right not accept it cause they have to disclose the damage.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch, definitely sucks to see that happen especially after having to wait that long for it to arrive. Like you, I would have passed on having them repair it and take delivery, however I would have also just ordered a new on. Options may have been the same but you are already sounding like you kind of regret not going for the XL version. In any regard, hope you enjoy your new Denali. Looks great!

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you're happy in the end is all that matters. Personally I don't think the plastic spoiler and back glass are major damage. I would have just had it fixed if it ment me not getting a XL... Either way you have a nice Denali now

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you're happy in the end is all that matters. Personally I don't think the plastic spoiler and back glass are major damage. I would have just had it fixed if it ment me not getting a XL... Either way you have a nice Denali now

I would agree that overall I wouldn't say it's major damage but to me the bigger question would be if that "accident" damage would show up on something like a CarFax report as that would end up hurting resale later on down the road. Cars/Trucks lose so much value once driven off the lot already I'd hate to take the additional hit of an accident on the record as well so early on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo