Damaged in transit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Ride man! You should be very happy with it. Personally, I like the look of the shorter as opposed to the longer XL. Really slick looking ride. I just got my short Yukon and I love it. I have been pleasantly surprised how much room you can get in the back when you fold the 3rd and middle rows. I think you'll end up being very happy. Congrats on the purchase!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you're happy in the end is all that matters. Personally I don't think the plastic spoiler and back glass are major damage. I would have just had it fixed if it ment me not getting a XL... Either way you have a nice Denali now

Exactly.......... NNBS guys have done nothing but replace rear spoilers off an Escalade so long it seems so trivial lol

OP
OP
J

jbhardy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The primary reason for purchasing the Denali in the first place was that I was unhappy with the paint work a body shop did on my GL450. Some ****** tapped the rear bumper in a parking lot and cracked a reflector and the flexing of the bumper damaged the paint. There are only 2 MB certified body shops in Arkansas and both happen to be owned by the dealer group that I purchased the vehicle from. It was "repaired" but it was a far cry from quality of job done by the factory. I was not willing to go through that ordeal again.

I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the regular length. I have no real need for the extra ~2ft, just kinda wanted it :)

12many

Reaction score
JB, if you don't have a specific need for the extra length then you may be better off. You will bet better mileage and have an easier time parking. Easier resell I would think. You now have the sport model and are ready to race !!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, it's not a trivial thing to fix a sunroof. I had one break (tree branch) and it took the better part of 6 months before the body shop could fix it in such a way that the roof no longer leaked.

You were wise to reject the damaged one.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
over paintwork on a spoiler and corner molding.....that are both roughly 6ft high and mostly out of view?

I wouldn't reject it over that if its optioned the way you want.

Hell I blew out the rear window and cracked that side molding on my suburban when it was 3 months old when I was backing up at my buddy's shop and didn't see a 2 car gooseneck trailer in the mirrors or camera and caught it with the upper end of the back of the truck. 500-600 bucks out of pocket for the molding and the glass and I was back in business with only my pride hurt.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not a sunroof it's the back hatch
@Lyon

Oh, right! It's funny how I saw a sunroof after having that experience my self. Brains are weird.

Back hatch is much easier to fix but OP still did the right thing.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the OP also mentioned that there was water intrusion which is unforgiving and I feel he made the right decision.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
We see things like this weekly from transportation damage. Less than $1000 and it doesn't get disclosed (thats $1,000.00 retail pricing, not at dealer pricing). Parts like that I wouldnt care if they were damaged. Good dealership body shops would have fixed it and you never would have known - or cared at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo