Custom paint ideas? Black & Grey Off road / Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean?
I'm going to paint my Hoe Gun Metal Black Candy Pearl over the stock Platinum, Yes.
I'm working on doing a custom 'Hoe' lettering on it. Yes.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean?
I'm going to paint my Hoe Gun Metal Black Candy Pearl over the stock Platinum, Yes.
I'm working on doing a custom 'Hoe' lettering on it. Yes.
There was a really sheet tahoe on youtube. The guy had changed the back to tay hoe instead of chevrolete lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Jeff Groves

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you mean the glue on Emblem that says Tahoe?
I do custom casts that say just Hoe.
I can do them in any color or a clear color that glows at night.
They look white in the day time.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Play around in Photoshop or something to see ideas.
I have a 3D model that I play with in 3D Max program for my ideas.
View attachment 223844

I watched the build of that Van on TV.

What's a good site for getting models like this? I've found a few. But you have to buy them for $$$. Mine's NNBS, so yours wouldn't help me.

Jeff Groves

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's a good site for getting models like this? I've found a few. But you have to buy them for $$$. Mine's NNBS, so yours wouldn't help me.
This is the one I have. Will it work?
NNBS.JPG

I do have a newer 3D model but I have not been able to open it yet.
What 3D program do you use?

Last edited:

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one I have. Will it work?
View attachment 223924

I do have a newer 3D model but I have not been able to open it yet.
What 3D program do you use?

I use SolidWorks. I was thinking of building some wheel models to see how they look on that body style. Mine's a Yukon. But I think the Tahoe would be close enough for that. I know there are websites that let you try out different wheels. But as you pointed out, it's much better to have a 3D model you can spin around. Plus, I can play with ride height changes and other mods.

Longer term, I want to make custom headlights. I haven't found any existing ones for the NNBS that emulate the tube lights like the 15+ body style have. So it would be fun to play with some shapes for that before I peel open my real ones and mod them. I'll either need a Yukon front end, or get a 3D scan of one of my headlights as a starting point.

Jeff Groves

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Got a Yukon NNBS 3d model exported to the DXF format today if you'd like to try it.
I can convert it to several formats now that I got the model working in case anyone needs a different format.

Last edited:

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Got a Yukon NNBS 3d model exported to the DXF format today if you'd like to try it.
I can convert it to several formats now that I got the model working in case anyone needs a different format.

Wow, that's awesome. SolidWorks can import a bunch of different file formats. But I think it only imports DXF as 2D sketches. Can you convert to STEP, IGES or STL? These should import as surfaces or solids, depending on how you modeled it. If you can't do one of those, I can post the whole list. But those three are most common.