Spring/Summer Wheel Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjallstar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm looking to get a new set of 20" wheels to run as Spring/Summer/Fall wheels; I have winter tires mounted on the stock SLT wheels, and thus have the stock 20" all season tires awaiting a set of wheels. The truck is a Summit White 23' SLT, but I have swapped all of the exterior elements possible from chrome to the Denali Ultimate "Vader" chrome, the GMC emblems from red/chrome to black/chrome, and all of the badging to black letters. I am not trying to "upbadge" the vehicle, I just hate chrome (even kept the SLT badge on, just in black, and am currently deciding on whether its worth wrapping the silver roof rails and window trim). All in all, aside from the badging, it looks identical to a Denali Ultimate from the outside, aside from the lack of quad tailpipes. I have narrowed my wheel choices down to these two options and am looking for your opinions. My thinking is that I don't want bright silver, I could go black (but I'm not the biggest fan and this is my wife's primary car), but am leaning towards silver/gunmetal as the gunmetal will jive with the vader chrome pieces. I'd like to stay at 20" as I have fresh 20" tires to put on them, and I'd prefer not to sacrifice ride quality for vanity's sake. I'll post pictures of the truck when I can, but here are links to the two wheel styles that Im considering. Any input is appreciated!

PS can anyone tell me what vehicle this second set comes on? I've seen the first on multiple Escalades in the flesh, but not the second option.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your thinking of trying to match the brightness of the wheels' silver to the chrome. That'd be the path I'd go (if you're not interested in black wheels).

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also picked out some wheels for the summer. And there was an idea to make two-color ones. black with silver. But when I had a virtual fitting of the wheels, I noticed that the 20th wheels, the two-tone ones, looked a little too small. Visually, pure black wheels on black tires look bigger. Therefore, it seems to me that two-color wheels are best when they are 22nd or 24th. And the 20s are better just black... I ordered black one))

Attachments

• 2023-12-20 16-53-31.JPG
    2023-12-20 16-53-31.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2023-12-20 23-19-05_1707970798.JPG
    2023-12-20 23-19-05_1707970798.JPG
    613.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2023-12-28 11-17-32.JPG
    2023-12-28 11-17-32.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 2023-12-28 11-17-33.JPG
    2023-12-28 11-17-33.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2024-02-14 20-38-01 (1).JPG
    2024-02-14 20-38-01 (1).JPG
    374.1 KB · Views: 9

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also picked out some wheels for the summer. And there was an idea to make two-color ones. black with silver. But when I had a virtual fitting of the wheels, I noticed that the 20th wheels, the two-tone ones, looked a little too small. Visually, pure black wheels on black tires look bigger. Therefore, it seems to me that two-color wheels are best when they are 22nd or 24th. And the 20s are better just black... I ordered black one))

I'm partial to black wheels (on my truck, anyway), so I think you made the right choice!

OP
OP
C

cjallstar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do love the black look, but it's my wife's car and I'm not sure she'll go for it. Plus, given that they're 20", I've actually read and experienced to my eye that black wheels make the wheels themselves look smaller.

Of the two options, any preference on the style?

OP
OP
C

cjallstar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm looking to get a new set of 20" wheels to run as Spring/Summer/Fall wheels; I have winter tires mounted on the stock SLT wheels, and thus have the stock 20" all season tires awaiting a set of wheels. The truck is a Summit White 23' SLT, but I have swapped all of the exterior elements possible from chrome to the Denali Ultimate "Vader" chrome, the GMC emblems from red/chrome to black/chrome, and all of the badging to black letters. I am not trying to "upbadge" the vehicle, I just hate chrome (even kept the SLT badge on, just in black, and am currently deciding on whether its worth wrapping the silver roof rails and window trim). All in all, aside from the badging, it looks identical to a Denali Ultimate from the outside, aside from the lack of quad tailpipes. I have narrowed my wheel choices down to these two options and am looking for your opinions. My thinking is that I don't want bright silver, I could go black (but I'm not the biggest fan and this is my wife's primary car), but am leaning towards silver/gunmetal as the gunmetal will jive with the vader chrome pieces. I'd like to stay at 20" as I have fresh 20" tires to put on them, and I'd prefer not to sacrifice ride quality for vanity's sake. I'll post pictures of the truck when I can, but here are links to the two wheel styles that Im considering. Any input is appreciated!

PS can anyone tell me what vehicle this second set comes on? I've seen the first on multiple Escalades in the flesh, but not the second option.
Apparently the second option is a replica of the optional ($4500!) wheels on the Escalade V. I'm leaning towards those...

OP
OP
C

cjallstar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_4327.jpeg
Ended up going with these. Pretty happy with how it turned out. 22" would be ideal, but I didnt want to sacrifice ride quality and a fresh set of 20" tires for vanity's sake!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts