Cracked Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fixed mine using the hot staple method which requires pulling the steering column in my Silverado in order to pull the dash in order to fix the cracks. I could still barely see them and it was bothering me but I didn’t need to worry. 2-3 days later more cracks appeared near the ones I fixed. I just can’t do the overlay, it looks like a band-aid to me with the areas around the airbag and vents etc being so noticeable so I bought a new dash. Not cheap but it looks OEM.

Sobro

Reaction score
I am considering the method from this video. Plus I saw one guy used spray foam insulation expressed into a Ziploc to support the panel above the passenger airbag. I don't really care how it looks as long as it doesn't rattle.

Barry Vaughn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased 2010 Tahoe LST with badly cracked dash. I replaced both the dash and front panel myself, and I have moderate skills in these things. There is a great video on YouTube that can get you through it. Just take your time and it will look so much better than the overlay.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am considering the method from this video. Plus I saw one guy used spray foam insulation expressed into a Ziploc to support the panel above the passenger airbag. I don't really care how it looks as long as it doesn't rattle.

Let us know how that works out. I tried repairing mine and it just cracked in different places after a short while.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started out with the crack you described on the passenger side by the air bag, that was 3 years ago. I decided to live with it and here we are today , it has grown a bit. I am still not inclined to do anything about it. I know one thing, I am not going to take it in for the air bag recall. Hell no. I am hoping a good alternative comes along pretty soon, because I love my **.2013 Tahoe dash crack.jpg2013 Tahoe dash crack 3.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started out with the crack you described on the passenger side by the air bag, that was 3 years ago. I decided to live with it and here we are today , it has grown a bit. I am still not inclined to do anything about it. I know one thing, I am not going to take it in for the air bag recall. Hell no. I am hoping a good alternative comes along pretty soon, because I love my **.View attachment 304802View attachment 304803
What kind of an alternative are you hoping for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts