Cracked Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftwflh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the cold temps finally got it. My 2012 Tahoe has had a small crack in the dash by the passenger air bag for the past few yrs.But now one formed on driver side behind the tach.
Is there any way to repair this without getting a complete dash? A patch job would work if it didnt look too bad.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oops wrong link brb with the correct link
3 various methods shown here for dash crack fixes.

there that should be the correct link

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of posts here on this topic. Unfortunately, a very common issue. As @avalonandl stated, replacement is expensive and difficult, and the overlay has worked for many folks here. For me, I just live with it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The only permanent solution is to copy what GM did on the Escalade Platinum. Cover it in leather or the skin / fabric of your choice. I was ready to purchase a dash from a wrecker similar to our 08 Denali XL and drop it off to have it covered in black leather. Depending on my time or budget I would have it swap'd for the cracked dash and be done with it.

It was actually easier to sell the Denali for $11.5k and purchase an 09 Esky Plat for $14k to get the a/c seats and tricoat paint that didn't have failing clear coat. The piece of plastic against the glass still cracks though and that's a 30-60 min job to r&r for about $2h.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only three options. Replace the trim panel with a new one which is supposed to be fixed (I have personally never seen one that was replaced crack again). Buy the crappy looking overlay panel which costs way too much for what it is and looks terrible in my opinion. Or deal with it as is. I would not waste your money trying to fix what is there because you can't fix brittle plastic which is ultimately the problem. My Yukon only had one crack by the passenger airbag and I thought it was in pretty decent shape but when I went to replace it, it fell apart. All the glue in the world couldn't have truly fixed it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
What about option 3b?

Dash Carpet [emoji23]

3356aa4f43d4873c7cd4610c50c40256.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz