Coolant leak, can't pinpoint.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I was having a decent leak, filling the reservoir every few days. I used a radiator stop leak and that fixed it right up for a few months. Now the leak is back, I used the stop leak again and it didnt seem to stop it. Im seeing puddles now, not just little drips.

So, I cant exactly pin point where its coming from, I will have to get underneath it one of these days.

The leak is near the front, so I'm thinking water pump.

Is there a known spot where coolant leaks that I dont know about?

Thanks
You need to at least get under the vehicle and look around we cant diagnose something without a visual.Get a pressure tester and look and you will see it quick.Especially if your seeing puddles now should be easy to spot.

Molly454

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was having a decent leak, filling the reservoir every few days. I used a radiator stop leak and that fixed it right up for a few months. Now the leak is back, I used the stop leak again and it didnt seem to stop it. Im seeing puddles now, not just little drips.

So, I cant exactly pin point where its coming from, I will have to get underneath it one of these days.

The leak is near the front, so I'm thinking water pump.

Is there a known spot where coolant leaks that I dont know about?

Thanks
I just had my battery changed out because it kept going dead after a starter replacement. Turns out it was the rubber boot on the 2 positive cables that was preventing a connection. While under the hood, my young mechanic noticed coolant leaking on top of the block where the heater hose connector screws in. He says they crack often. $10 part.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the strong recommendations of the folks here, I replaced the Tees with ACDelco Tees, even though they were much more expensive than the Dorman Tees.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since when are the heater hose T's located in the front?
per op:
"The leak is near the front, so I'm thinking water pump".
yes they are a common point of failure, but a leak in front will likely be from the radiator, water pump, or one of the 2 large hose.

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I read them all and will take them all into consideration for when the leak re-appears.

Funny enough the plastic adapter from the heater core in the firewall did infact blow up while I was driving this summer lmao. I replaced both adapters with OEM ones.

Like I said the stop leak ended up working so now I cant really find the leak until it comes back.

Anyway, I found this here, are these any clues to what's going on?

Pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/dthanUG