Converting back the Z55 Air Ride Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
How much is the control module?

GM front struts are like $300 each, compressor is about $200, and rear air shocks are $300. Nowhere near $3500, unless I'm missing something?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much is the control module?

GM front struts are like $300 each, compressor is about $200, and rear air shocks are $300. Nowhere near $3500, unless I'm missing something?

I used costs quoted to me from GM by a member of this Forum.

Reaction score
I used costs quoted to me from GM by a member of this Forum.
So from a GM dealership?

Again, how much is this control module?

Just curious where the $3500 figure came from. It seems quite high.

Last edited:

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still researching my options and associated costs.

At this point, however, I am leaning toward restoring only the auto-leveling portion of the Z55 suspension by using air shocks in the rear, as the total cost to fully restore the full Z55 suspension (electronic and air), using GM OEM parts, including front struts, rear air shocks, compressor, and control module, will probably exceed $3500, and this assumes that the height rods and wheel sensors are all still on the truck and fully operational. I simply cannot justify spending that amount of money on this truck for this specific work, as I do not believe that the incremental improved handling from the electronic portion of the Z55 suspension would be worth the incremental level of investment to include it.

For restoring the auto-leveling by replacing the front strut assemblies with new strut assemblies and replacing the current coil-over rear shocks with rear air shocks, and a new compressor and control module, I am currently looking at front strut assemblies by Arnott SK-2954, the rear air shocks by Arnott AS-3430, and the compressor by Arnott P-3430, and the control module by ACDelco 15095294. This can be accomplished for less than $1500. And, perhaps, I won't need to replace my existing control module.

I'm still researching and evaluating, but this is where my current mindset is.

the Arnott SK-2954 are not an electronic shock like the original z55. it says it in the description

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my z55 rears with arnotts (rides as good as the day I bought it new) and have the new front oem ACDelcos struts in hand to get installed this weekend I’m hoping.

As someone who’s recently bought the parts and paid for rears to be installed- I’m scratching my head why you’re looking at 3500.00 :eek:

Maybe we can help you if you can share the breakdown of that 3500 quote?

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my z55 rears with arnotts (rides as good as the day I bought it new) and have the new front oem ACDelcos struts in hand to get installed this weekend I’m hoping.

As someone who’s recently bought the parts and paid for rears to be installed- I’m scratching my head why you’re looking at 3500.00 :eek:

Maybe we can help you if you can share the breakdown of that 3500 quote?
I'm thinking parts should be at least 1000 for the front and rears without the compressor

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely- for me personally..The rear Arnott’s were under 500 I know after core refund.

the AcDelco 580-484’s (373,etc) I priced out at 250 ish per (best I see online )

I spent another 70 for bumpers, insulator and new top nuts.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post some pictures of the suspension on the truck? You shouldn't need the control module, as far as I know there is no way to remove the module completely on a truck that came with it or the truck will not run. They would have had to use resistors to trick the module into thinking the shocks are still there. Was the front mag ride deleted as well? If not and the front shocks aren't leaking you don't need to replace those. Has the compressor been removed or do you already know it is bad?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post some pictures of the suspension on the truck? You shouldn't need the control module, as far as I know there is no way to remove the module completely on a truck that came with it or the truck will not run. They would have had to use resistors to trick the module into thinking the shocks are still there. Was the front mag ride deleted as well? If not and the front shocks aren't leaking you don't need to replace those. Has the compressor been removed or do you already know it is bad?
As far as I know mag ride shocks were not an option on the GMT900 Denali package, only on the escalades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518