Confused on how low my drop is???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nuscence813

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok first off I have a 2011 Yukon 4WD and purchased the McG 2/3 drop kit, 2050 shocks, and struts. Everything was installed minus the shock extenders. The rear looks like they are resting on the bump stop but springs and shocks are in. Do I need to cut the bump stop down? The spindles and struts were installed successfully!! I removed a ring to add another 1/2" to the front because the back looks lower for some reason? The application for the 2050 shocks if I am not mistaken are meant to go with the dropped vehicle to avoid the extenders, CORRECT?!! I just don't know right now, Please HELP!!!:wtf2:

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not totally sure about the shocks since I used the extenders, but yes you do need to trim the bump stops out back. I chopped them in half right on the narrow section and they worked out well.

As for it being even, im running 1.5" drop up front (Belltech struts from Tony) and Mcgaughys 3" springs out back and im dead level. It may vary from truck to truck. If you already did spindles and struts set at 1/2" lower id would be 2.5ish up front, should be level if not a little rake?

You did put the rubber isolators back in with the new coil springs out back too right?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
pull the bumpstops see what it site at. Usually on these trucks a 2/4 the rear is about 1/2 inch lower than the front.

OP
OP
nuscence813

nuscence813

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not totally sure about the shocks since I used the extenders, but yes you do need to trim the bump stops out back. I chopped them in half right on the narrow section and they worked out well.

As for it being even, im running 1.5" drop up front (Belltech struts from Tony) and Mcgaughys 3" springs out back and im dead level. It may vary from truck to truck. If you already did spindles and struts set at 1/2" lower id would be 2.5ish up front, should be level if not a little rake?

You did put the rubber isolators back in with the new coil springs out back too right?

Not to sure what the rubber isolator a are?? I am sure I out everything back that needed to go back. I think since the shocks I purchased were for a dropped vehicle tge shock extenders were not needed. Did you have any issues with stabilitrak and abs warnings

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to sure what the rubber isolator a are??

They go on top and bottom of your springs so it's not metal on metal. You don't really need them and by keeping them or removing them on either side will also allow you to adjust the height just a hair.

OP
OP
nuscence813

nuscence813

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh yeah for sure I kept those and put em back on!! What I did not keep was the blue sleeve from the old springs

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would a 2" or a 3" lowering in the rear level the vehicle? I do not want the rear to be lower than the front, not even 1/2", if anything I'd like rear to be higher. It's for a 2013 Chevy Tahoe LT 2wd.

Thanks

you need to measure the truck from ground to fendlerlip alla round

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15

Latest posts