Confused about lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No not saying that just want to see the swaybar angle. There's a reason I recommened the rear swayear links just wanted to see yours after lowering to see how far it is.

Whenever I set up a kit I like to set it up complete that's all. And theres been many times herr people bought kits and ended up saying resr felt funny and did links and bumpstops and they were a lot happier with ride.

Your happy with the kit great thats all that matters but for someone that is into kits on these trucks I like to gather any info I can. Sorry for all the question

Btw with almost 4 inches in rear won't be much travel if it feels bumpy will need to do free travel mod. Anyone here can agree on that

Last edited:
OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... im usually quick to pop. Its my curse I guess.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

No not saying that just want to see the swaybar angle. There's a reason I recommened the rear swayear links just wanted to see yours after lowering to see how far it is.

Whenever I set up a kit I like to set it up complete that's all. And theres been many times herr people bought kits and ended up saying resr felt funny and did links and bumpstops and they were a lot happier with ride.

Your happy with the kit great thats all that matters but for someone that is into kits on these trucks I like to gather any info I can. Sorry for all the question

Btw with almost 4 inches in rear won't be much travel if it feels bumpy will need to do free travel mod. Anyone here can agree on that
Ok.. thanku.

Just felt like u were attacking everything i posted.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Sent a message to the shop. He advised me that it does not bottom out. And the suspension actually has more cushion to it than previously. Apparently it was messed up before.. hes saying its night and day now.

Obviously ill confirm in about a week when i pick it up.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If it has almost 4 inch drop and rides better thats even better

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw... Sorry about going off on u earlier. Maybe I was reading into stuff 2 much.

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw... Sorry about going off on u earlier. Maybe I was reading into stuff 2 much.

Reading thru the post it does sound like you popped a gasket but coming from someone who has no dog in this fight... If your truck hasnt had the free travel mod done to it yet and your sitting at a 4" drop your ass end is going to bottom out and ride like total crap. i highly recommend you take tonys advice as the dude knows his stuff and according to your own admission you know very little about drop kits and such

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading thru the post it does sound like you popped a gasket but coming from someone who has no dog in this fight... If your truck hasnt had the free travel mod done to it yet and your sitting at a 4" drop your ass end is going to bottom out and ride like total crap. i highly recommend you take tonys advice as the dude knows his stuff and according to your own admission you know very little about drop kits and such
1st part let me say... ur right and i didnt edit my skits so that the appology makes sense. I owed him that. I WAS WRONG.

as for the truck... i have yet to drive it however according to the shop owner the truck rides way better than it did when i dropped it off. He tells me that something had been modified previously and the truck really had no suspension travel. Idk what he means but he is telling me there is no bottoming out so ik assuming that must mean he did the mod. A few more things need to be done... then alignment... then i will have my truck back and will be able to test it for bottoming out. If it does i will def look into the mod. As of now Im not sure what the mod consists of, but i dont want it to bottom out either.

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool!! We are all here to help you get the most out of your truck. I know a little bit and plenty of guys here that have a lot of knowledge tony being one of the suspension guru's and he can definitely help you get the best ride possible

ALL BIZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
best drop for 305/30/26

What is the best drop for me with 305 / 30 / 26 tires all the way around. What kit will work best 2/3 or 2/4 thanks

Attachments

• 20140924_075729.jpg
    20140924_075729.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727