Cold? Viper 5701 2 way car alarm $102 Reg $499! I GOT ONE !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have some questions i got this installed about a month and a half ago and i already have had to changed the 2 way remote batteries like 3 times is this right ? they seem like there going dead way to quick .... i tried calling gooddeals but i get no answer im starting to get pissed any one have any suggestions.

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this thread and it appears that they still have some in stock for $92.91. Did anyone figure out how to make the heated seats turn on? Will a good installer know how to install a module for the windows?

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
hmm tried to order, on the confirmation page it just gets stuck when I click next.. anyone else have this issue?

never mind, unselected the INS and it worked.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have some questions i got this installed about a month and a half ago and i already have had to changed the 2 way remote batteries like 3 times is this right ? they seem like there going dead way to quick .... i tried calling gooddeals but i get no answer im starting to get pissed any one have any suggestions.
my remote batts on the 2 way went bad twice just from playing with my remote ,so i said **** it and just use the 1 way remote

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my batteries haven't died out yet and i used the remote allot. Only problem I have is I still cant figure out how to lock the damn remote, getting tired of the buttons being pressed while in my pocket.

Other then that I love the alarm.:mexsmoke:

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
This is the bypass module I purchased: http://www.amazon.com/GM-Self-Learning-Passlock-Override/dp/B000WB0VXS
I have had this alarm installed since 07. As for the battery issues in the remotes, I think some of you just have bad batteries. I went through the same thing and thought the remote was malfunctioning. I stopped buying batteries at Walmart and ordered like 50 of them from Digikey for about $20. I haven't this problem since, but in reality, I think the batteries only last about 3 to 4 months of use. Remember that the remote constantly talks back and forth to the alarm, so if your truck is out of range, the remote will use more power trying to talk to the alarm.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey diffrnt how do you order from digikey ? i saw i can get 50 cr2016 energizer batteries for 15 bucks i think i can get 2 from autozone for 5 lol so thats a good freaking deal! but how do i order that site is confusing .....

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I received my order quickly, but was somewhat disappointed to see the package was open inside the USPS box and everything was falling out. There was also no padding around the product box, so it was free to just bounce around inside the shipping box.

Here's the biggest issue, though...they sent me two "1 way" remotes. I went and did their online chat and I have to send one of the "1 way" remotes back to them at my cost and they will send me a "2 way" when they receive it.

Does anyone know if I can have the system installed using just the 1 way remote and sync the 2 way remote up myself when I receive it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn