Cold? Viper 5701 2 way car alarm $102 Reg $499! I GOT ONE !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks ATL,

I really need an alarm, and this one just sounds too good to be true.. if you know what i mean. But for the price you cant beat it. Just to make sure, all that is needed is a bypass module correct? and i'll be good to go.

I know I'm not ATL, but that is correct. Bypass and install and you're good to go.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I'm not ATL, but that is correct. Bypass and install and you're good to go.

Its cool, that was kind of a open question to all. thanks for you info also, ive been reading it also.

Yep pretty much, make sure if or when you order it you use that TINA discount code from the first page so you can get it cheaper.

thanks, i saw that i'll be sure to use it.

EDIT:
Just edit my post, but read all through this thread. Still kind of confused what the bypass does? And can i get any kind of bypass? Ive seen the xk06, that site lost me if this is the one for my 05 tahoe. But i also found this one http://ifar.ca/en/products/flash/int-sl/vehicles.html#chevrolet from Fortin, anyone heard of them. Looks like it does alot. You guys that have this installed what did you get? from where? I search 05 Tahoe and get all kinds of info i dont know what it means? Sorry im new to alarms. I also checked out the sonicelectronix site, that one looks good. Also, what is all this Update firmware on the bypass modules, will i have to keep updating it somehow?
Im confused for some reason..

Last edited:

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got it installed today it all works but i had some questions? when you arm it and go up to the handles and pull them and shake them or kick your tires is the alarm supposed to go off ? if so how do i turn up the sensitivty ? also when i unlock it the the unlock button flashes green and the f flashes red and makes a alarm noise on the fob like 3-4 times is this normal ? what does that mean ?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
so i got it installed today it all works but i had some questions? when you arm it and go up to the handles and pull them and shake them or kick your tires is the alarm supposed to go off ? if so how do i turn up the sensitivty ? also when i unlock it the the unlock button flashes green and the f flashes red and makes a alarm noise on the fob like 3-4 times is this normal ? what does that mean ?

The flashing lights and noises are normal, if not annoying. You can make the noises stop.

I *think* you can adjust the sensitivity yourself, but if not you may need an installer to do it for you.

Most of your answers can be found in the manual here:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/viper/G5202V-2008-02.pdf

If you go back through some of this, we talk about how to turn the noises on the remote off somewhere in the thread, too.

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can adjust the onboard shock sensor threw your transmitter(remote) refer to page 13 in the owners guide

and if i can recall the F flashing red when you arm/disarm it is the low battery indicator on your remote they probably need to be changed refer to page 10 in the owners guide

Nappy Boy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bypass, shmypass

::kickin' the dust of this thread:: First off, greetings to all! I have been lurking for a while and this is my first post. What a wonderful site this is... I love the helpfulness and thoughtful considerations. Back on topic, I have been to different sites about the bypass and some say I need one, some say I don't. The Viper site says no, the installer says yes:emotions122:. I have a '02 Kon XL. Do you folks have a definitive answer for this issue.

arod3776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the great deal, just ordered mine today 133.00 total with 2 day air, cant wait to have it installed.. so whats the deal with the bypass module, does the car audio shops have this? sorry im a newb when it comes to electronics

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I ordered a bypass everyone swore would work, then my installer told me to get rid of it and used another. I'd either let the installer deal with it or ask the installer ahead of time the exact kind he would use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon