Cold? Viper 5701 2 way car alarm $102 Reg $499! I GOT ONE !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can have the system installed using just the 1 way remote and sync the 2 way remote up myself when I receive it?
I'm 99.9% you can install it with your 1 way remote,and when yuo get your 2 way in just program it heres how to program any remote:

1st you need to enter the remote into progamming Hold the Function button until the remote gives a long beep and LED light comes on the remote a (it takes about 8 sec.) Then press and hold the remote start buttom until the remote beeps 3 times and LED lights up. Now your ready to program the remote

One of the door has to be open . Insert the key - turn the key to the On position then press the button on the antenna once and then press it again and hold it

You hear a chirp and then you press the lock button on the remote and then you hear a second chirp to recieve confirmation and then release the button and the turn off the key

Remote should be program

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Only problem I have is I still cant figure out how to lock the damn remote, getting tired of the buttons being pressed while in my pocket.
here you go:

To program the remote user features:
Press and hold the function button for 12 seconds: (at 3 seconds ignore
the Car number indicator.)
The remote emits one long beep, and the Transmit LED turns on.
This indicates the Main menu.
Press and hold the unlock
button for 1.5 seconds:
The remote beeps two-times, and the Transmit LED blinks
two-times and stays on. You are now in the Remote Configuration
menu.
The Arm, Disarm, Remote Start & Aux LEDs will turn ON, and/or
blink to indicate the current remote feature configuration. When
the LED is ON, the feature is ON.
To configure the remote control features press and release the
command button. The LED next to the button will turn On then OFF.
The remote beeps to indicate the feature configuration.
Lock Button: Auto-Button Lock.
When Arm LED is OFF, buttons will not lock.
LED ON: The buttons automatically lock 60 seconds after the last
button operation to avoid accidental Command operations. When
locked, if any command button is pressed the remote will emit an error
output.
If button lock is ON, press function, and then unlock
buttons.

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
hey diffrnt how do you order from digikey ? i saw i can get 50 cr2016 energizer batteries for 15 bucks i think i can get 2 from autozone for 5 lol so thats a good freaking deal! but how do i order that site is confusing .....

Yea, the site sucks for ordering, but here is the link to the batteries: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll

Now: click lithium, then scroll down to cr2016 and hit apply filters, click the part number, put in the quantity and hit add to order. That should do it. It's a pita, but hey it will save you some money!

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 5701 installed tonight. They charged me $140 for the install, and I paid $35 for the XK01 module, bringing the total to $389. This thing is definitely pretty sweet. As it turns out, they actually sent me a 2 way and a 1 way remote, but the 2 way remote said "1 way" on the back. It has all of the LEDs on it, so it's definitely the 2 way, just incorrectly labeled.

This really isn't that exciting, but I'm impressed that the system can tell me the current interior temperature range of the car on the remote...

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a pretty cool feature unless you live where I do. It only tells you if it's below 30 or something, which pretty much describes six months of the year here and isn't real helpful if it's -30....lol.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this is now $88.27 with TINA for a code.

After a few months with this would anyone have gone a different route? I see them New for about 100$ more. Would anyone go with another model, or have any complaints about this one?

I ask because i called the local "authorized viper installer" and he said they don't sell the model, and they will not install a system unless you buy from them. He said they use to sell the 5701 but said they had problems with the remotes losing their programming.

Good insight or an installer to stay away from?

Winter is setting in and I think this would be a great thing to add to my hoe.

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with mine, other than going through batteries fast.

Note on batteries: DO NOT buy them at a department store or whatever where they've been sitting. They are nearly dead when you install them. It's worth the effort to get them from a battery-specific store. There's a link above for one, I use batteryjunction.com for most of my batteries. I'm not plugging any one store, just get good batteries. It makes the difference between them lasting a week or 6 months. I got one from the local all-in-one department store, a Duracell even, and as soon as I installed it the remote did the low battery warnings. That's annoying.

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with mine, other than going through batteries fast.

Note on batteries: DO NOT buy them at a department store or whatever where they've been sitting. They are nearly dead when you install them. It's worth the effort to get them from a battery-specific store. There's a link above for one, I use batteryjunction.com for most of my batteries. I'm not plugging any one store, just get good batteries. It makes the difference between them lasting a week or 6 months. I got one from the local all-in-one department store, a Duracell even, and as soon as I installed it the remote did the low battery warnings. That's annoying.
hmmmm thats nice to know,i put batteries in my two-way and it went dead in less than a week,so i've been using the one-way remote since

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
hmmmm thats nice to know,i put batteries in my two-way and it went dead in less than a week,so i've been using the one-way remote since

I've had the current battery in my 2-way for like 4 months now. The one before that came dead and it literally only worked for a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman