Climate Control does not Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hooahaggie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today discovered battery was dead, boosted to get started, but then noticed the climate control system panel would not turn on/operate. I checked all fuses and all were good. I am stumped. Is it possible for the panel to have burned out somehow when I boosted the the battery? Any help to further troubleshoot, or for any known solutions is appreciated. We live in Germany, so getting parts is going to be a pain nonetheless so hopefully it's a simple fix. THANKS!

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Guess I forgot to mention...it's a 2003, YUKON XL 1500 SLT, digital controler. Also, it's been a few months but the driver and passenger seats will also not adjust, and the seat heaters will not operate...is there an overall electrical gremlin somewhere?

OP
OP
H

hooahaggie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well after doing some reading on this forum, I went and disconnected the negative terminal on the battery. It actually worked and the climate control panel now works! Awesome quick, easy fix that I can't explain the technical why's/how's, maybe someone out there might be able to expand on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickey7640