Climate Control Blower troubles....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03 Yukon Denali...
The front blower for the climate control, randomly does not work...
On automatic mode, if it decides to come on, it may go even full speed, until it reaches temp and slows itself down. Then it won't blow for 2 or 3 trips, and then it will blow again. Manual control of the fan does not increase blower speed.
I changed the resistor. Same issue.
I have 2 different climate control boards, and both, same issue.
Would a bad aspirator cause random blower? Mine was noisy, and now is not, so I assume it is broken...

Example: tonight after work, start truck, no blower... leave it on Auto 60 degrees.... 5 miles down the road it kicks on, full blast... I move temp to 75, and the blower slows way down, working as it should, turn back down to 60 degrees, starts blowing full speed again....

Some days it does not ever start blowing, and it has gotten worse, it used to happen occasionally, now it is not working more than it is working.

So it seems the climate control is ok, the blower does blow full speed when it wants to, and I replaced the resistor... so.... can the aspirator be causing this issue???

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
03 Yukon Denali...
The front blower for the climate control, randomly does not work...
On automatic mode, if it decides to come on, it may go even full speed, until it reaches temp and slows itself down. Then it won't blow for 2 or 3 trips, and then it will blow again. Manual control of the fan does not increase blower speed.
I changed the resistor. Same issue.
I have 2 different climate control boards, and both, same issue.
Would a bad aspirator cause random blower? Mine was noisy, and now is not, so I assume it is broken...

Example: tonight after work, start truck, no blower... leave it on Auto 60 degrees.... 5 miles down the road it kicks on, full blast... I move temp to 75, and the blower slows way down, working as it should, turn back down to 60 degrees, starts blowing full speed again....

Some days it does not ever start blowing, and it has gotten worse, it used to happen occasionally, now it is not working more than it is working.

So it seems the climate control is ok, the blower does blow full speed when it wants to, and I replaced the resistor... so.... can the aspirator be causing this issue???

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks!!
have you looked at the blower motor and harness connector? they can get hot and melt inside where the harness connects. use a flash light anything melted or black color is no good.

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just what I saw when I replaced the resistor... I guess I'll pull the blower motor, see if it is damaged... I replaced it lil over a year ago.

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did use a cheap resistor off Amazon, not Delco, I see a few posts where people say do not use them, they are junk....

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not see any burnt wires or problem with the blower motor... I replaced the aspirator in ceiling above drivers head, as it used to be noisy and had stopped making noise... did not fix the problem either.... grrrrr.... I guess I will try a new blower motor.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not see any burnt wires or problem with the blower motor... I replaced the aspirator in ceiling above drivers head, as it used to be noisy and had stopped making noise... did not fix the problem either.... grrrrr.... I guess I will try a new blower motor.
if the blower motor is working then you need to look more at the resistor, if the blower motor spins up a good speed with 12v applied to it then it's probably not the blower motor, I would test it several times to be sure. the fan is easily to pull out and connect to the battery

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears to be the blower motor.... I am getting voltage to the fan, fan not spinning.... I will play more and put 12 v to the fan to see, but climate control shows fan on full blast... 12 volts to fan, fan not spinning at all....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears to be the blower motor.... I am getting voltage to the fan, fan not spinning.... I will play more and put 12 v to the fan to see, but climate control shows fan on full blast... 12 volts to fan, fan not spinning at all....
takes amp's as well but you could be on to something