Adaptive Cruise Control / Long Range Radar Module Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhall79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hadn't had this 2017 Escalade very long at all before an AFM lifter exploded and bent a pushrod (we're talking a matter of days). I pulled the engine out through the top and did a DOD delete and cam swap on it. It's back in and just about everything is fine. Except I have a message that says "Service Driver Assist" and the Adaptive Cruise Control isn't working. On the scan tool I do have a code for B101D:39 citing an internal ecu fault.

There was no issue before the engine removal, but it did take a long time. The battery was out of the truck for almost 2 months. However, none of the wires to, near, or around that module were touched. And no matter what I do, I cannot get the module to re-learn. I'm using an Autel MP8088 and it tells me the conditions have not been met to go into learning mode. I've tried starting it while stopped, moving above 35, below 35, in traffic, without traffic, city streets, highways, and on and on and can't make it enter re-learn.

I'm guessing the module is bad and that's why I can't do the re-learn procedure either. But that's a very expensive module to just be throwing parts at it. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to further troubleshoot before just replacing it?

Nowakepc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe Premier. Adaptive cruise, auto headlamps, and lane departure warning all failed at same time. Dealer thinks it’s the long range radar module but says there is no code showing up. The module is $900 plus. No warranty. vehicle has 143,00 Miles on it. Anyone have this problem

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe Premier. Adaptive cruise, auto headlamps, and lane departure warning all failed at same time. Dealer thinks it’s the long range radar module but says there is no code showing up. The module is $900 plus. No warranty. vehicle has 143,00 Miles on it. Anyone have this problem
they should be able to relearn a used one to your vehicle, I see them on ebay way less than $900
just be sure if you go the used route that the part number matches yours

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if there's any chance reprogramming your existing one would bring it back to life.

Nowakepc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thx. so far no luck on eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts