Chevy Premier vs Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you laughed cause I was in fact jokingly making that baller comment about yukons. Tahoe or yukon it doesn't matter, they're both glorified mini vans for yuppy soccer moms
Been driving trucks (now called SUVs) for over 40 years (started with K-Blazers and learned how to drive a stick in a four (?)-speed Suburban). I still find them the right vehicle for my work and lifestyle. The auto manufacturers sure have done a job on folks on why everyone need one, though.

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Well, then tell us what’s different!
You’re kidding right. Half of your list is simply descriptive marketing dude.

Distinctive Dash layout?
- It’s distinctive on both vehicles.

Enhanced Stitching on seats, console, armrests
- The premier has enhanced stitching over the lower models in the lineup as well.

Leather padding on dash.
- premier has leather padding on dash

You get the idea. Believe the glass and the real wood are the real differentiators as well as likely the quality of leather. Again…you’re splitting hairs with the list. It’s not as egregiously different as you’re implying. And loaded up you can add things such as an upgraded exhaust system and electronic center console on the premier as well.

Again….it’s personal preference. As I’ve mentioned several times before I also think the Denali interior is a better option but personally do not like the exterior look at all. It has entirely too much chrome and feels like an older generation would drive it to me. None of the exterior differences are even on your list. To each their own. Splitting hairs.

OP
OP
R

RVAHokie

Reaction score

Distinctive Dash layout?

- The premier has enhanced stitching over the lower models in the lineup as well.

Leather padding on dash.

You get the idea. Believe the glass and the real wood are the real differentiators as well as likely the quality of leather. Again…you’re splitting hairs with the list. It’s not as egregiously different as you’re implying. And loaded up you can add things such as an upgraded exhaust system and electronic center console on the premier as well.

Again….it’s personal preference. As I’ve mentioned several times before I also think the Denali interior is a better option but personally do not like the exterior look at all. It has entirely too much chrome and feels like an older generation would drive it to me. None of the exterior differences are even on your list. To each their own. Splitting hairs.
The Premier has the same screen/dash as every other model (LE, LT, SLE, SLT, AT4, High County). The only trim that comes with the inline screen and a different dash layout is the Denali. I wish another model came with a light leather but the Premier looks peachy/orange and the High Country is same price as Denali without the inline screen.

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali, if simply for the infotainment layout/screen location. I will be happy with my AT4 (when it arrives) but the floating iPad screen that everybody does is played out.

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
The Premier has the same screen/dash as every other model (LE, LT, SLE, SLT, AT4, High County). The only trim that comes with the inline screen and a different dash layout is the Denali. I wish another model came with a light leather but the Premier looks peachy/orange and the High Country is same price as Denali without the inline screen.
Good point. If the screen in the dash Vs mounted is a deal breaker then the Denali for $6k more is the way to go.

The premier stitch is cream btw.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Distinctive Dash layout?

Leather padding on dash.

It actually is not, but I’m ok agreeing to disagree.

The Denali dash and it’s leather wrap is not available on any other model…so it’s distinct from every other GMC model and all the Chevys. I’ve been in a HC, but Denali is distinctly different from the rest.

Check me, but the 2nd row does not have real leather in the seats except in the Denali.

You cannot get an electronic limited slip rear end in a Chevy, you get the mechanical Eaton locker.

You do not get 3 years of internet service, and to buy that in the Chevy is $825.

You cannot get fog lights in a Chevy.

Net, there are legit differences that justify the $3k premium, beyond “Marketing.”

And agree, the exteriors are different. I like the look of the Chevy except the HC wheels are bad. But, I love the exterior of the Denali. I’ve never been a black out, chrome delete, monochrome guy. Nothing wrong with doing that, but it’s not for me. Great that GM made lots of options to satisfy us all. Just my opinion that you get more for your $$ with a Denali vs a Loaded up Premiere. But, if the included things are not important to you, or you don’t have a dealer close by, then it’s not a good call.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401