Chevy Premier vs Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just some of my observations/perspectives. Sharing in case it helps. I personally like the Denali exterior more than the Chevy but I do like the Premier and RST look on the Chevy well enough. To me the location of the screen isn't a make or break. I do prefer the denali screen location but that higher dash is not my fave.

Interior colors - if choosing the lighter interior I much prefer the Teak in the Denali over the maple sugar or whatever it's called in the Premier. On the other hand, I like the black interior on the Premier more than the black interior in the Denali. The piping contrast on the Premier is nicer. I find the Denali black interior just to be so starkly black.

Just a few tidbits there from my perspective. I believe we will order a white or frost Denali in Teak ... I think the White exteriors calm down that massive chrome grille and make it stick out less. If I were to chose a Chevy I'd probably drop down to an RST because I prefer the exterior in that trim most of all on either the GMC or the Chevy. Maybe a Premier, but then when I start pricing that up I find myself leaning Denali. I have ZERO interest in the Chevy High Country.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It actually is not, but I’m ok agreeing to disagree.

The Denali dash and it’s leather wrap is not available on any other model…so it’s distinct from every other GMC model and all the Chevys. I’ve been in a HC, but Denali is distinctly different from the rest.

Check me, but the 2nd row does not have real leather in the seats except in the Denali.

You cannot get an electronic limited slip rear end in a Chevy, you get the mechanical Eaton locker.

You do not get 3 years of internet service, and to buy that in the Chevy is $825.

You cannot get fog lights in a Chevy.

Net, there are legit differences that justify the $3k premium, beyond “Marketing.”

And agree, the exteriors are different. I like the look of the Chevy except the HC wheels are bad. But, I love the exterior of the Denali. I’ve never been a black out, chrome delete, monochrome guy. Nothing wrong with doing that, but it’s not for me. Great that GM made lots of options to satisfy us all. Just my opinion that you get more for your $$ with a Denali vs a Loaded up Premiere. But, if the included things are not important to you, or you don’t have a dealer close by, then it’s not a good call.
I’m not trying to disagree with you but u don’t really get more for your money, you pay extra for those things with the Denali. Like I said I have a premier with every option, RSE, 5.3, I personally wanted the 5.3 and not 6.2 to save myself $2500 and “cheaper” gas prices ha, Thanks Brandon. But I just built exact same builds and even gave Denali the diesel to save $1600 vs 6.2 and it was $80,700, premier exact same was $78,200. That’s no air ride and no electronic slip in Denali. So literally same trucks I added diesel to premier. My unlimited internet cost me $200 for a subscription per year too. So $2500 extra Denali for personal preference, u can subtract out internet if u want to go *** for tat if u want. Is the interior a little nicer in Denali I would say yes I love the light teak wish Chevy had that. But I liked the Tahoe looks over Yukon, again personal preference.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some of my observations/perspectives. Sharing in case it helps. I personally like the Denali exterior more than the Chevy but I do like the Premier and RST look on the Chevy well enough. To me the location of the screen isn't a make or break. I do prefer the denali screen location but that higher dash is not my fave.

Interior colors - if choosing the lighter interior I much prefer the Teak in the Denali over the maple sugar or whatever it's called in the Premier. On the other hand, I like the black interior on the Premier more than the black interior in the Denali. The piping contrast on the Premier is nicer. I find the Denali black interior just to be so starkly black.

Just a few tidbits there from my perspective. I believe we will order a white or frost Denali in Teak ... I think the White exteriors calm down that massive chrome grille and make it stick out less. If I were to chose a Chevy I'd probably drop down to an RST because I prefer the exterior in that trim most of all on either the GMC or the Chevy. Maybe a Premier, but then when I start pricing that up I find myself leaning Denali. I have ZERO interest in the Chevy High Country.
I got a lady in my same small business complex has a Denali white frost/light teak and its nice. My premier is summit with black interior. Here’s pic of mine u can compare 9D6B913C-58B7-4ADA-8A33-F9D09162F934.jpeg

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not trying to disagree with you but u don’t really get more for your money, you pay extra for those things with the Denali. Like I said I have a premier with every option, RSE, 5.3, I personally wanted the 5.3 and not 6.2 to save myself $2500 and “cheaper” gas prices ha, Thanks Brandon. But I just built exact same builds and even gave Denali the diesel to save $1600 vs 6.2 and it was $80,700, premier exact same was $78,200. That’s no air ride and no electronic slip in Denali. So literally same trucks I added diesel to premier. My unlimited internet cost me $200 for a subscription per year too. So $2500 extra Denali for personal preference, u can subtract out internet if u want to go *** for tat if u want. Is the interior a little nicer in Denali I would say yes I love the light teak wish Chevy had that. But I liked the Tahoe looks over Yukon, again personal preference.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely agree. I listed the things that were different for the extra money, and mentioned that it was up to the OP if those were worth it to the OP or not. That was the OP’s question, what was different. Point was, the diff in as comparably equipped as possible Chevy Premiere vs a GMC Denali were what I listed, and for those differences, GM charges about $2500-3500. We are in sync. Both are awesome vehicles, can’t really go wrong with either one.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the chrome on the Denali/Yukons, it makes my stock Yukon seem more unique since all the ones in my area have been blacked out/ debadged and all look the same.

powderfinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do you keep in that super awesome compartment to the right of the pop-up tablet? :laughing1:

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you keep in that super awesome compartment to the right of the pop-up tablet? :laughing1:
It's a useless space because anyone with normal size hands can't reach inside of it, the '19 Yukon I had had a usable compartment behind the infotainment screen

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Equally I like the Tahoe Exterior much more then the chromed out Denali.
I suppose this depends on the model of tahoe. The premier being discussed in this thread as a comparison is covered in chrome. Was parked next to one earlier today and I looked it over pretty good. Chrome grill, chrome on the bumpers, chrome window trim, chrome on door handles, chrome roof rails, chrome badges. I think the only additional chrome trim it didn't have was the strips on the doors. And isn't the denali more of a brushed look, not bright shiny chrome?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65