CB Radio Dash Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
STEALTH

STEALTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, dont know how to do that stuff lol. Would a piece of plastic hot glued/superglued to the back work? or you think it would fall off. Sorry for gettin your thread off topic, you did a sweet job though
Yes, If you dont like to fiberglass or wait on it to dry the other alternative which is ABS plastic welding. You would still need to use Bondo so that you can make it flush if thats what your aiming for.

so why did you cut the handle off?
We cut the handle so that everything would be flush. I am soon to get a Scanguage II or something close to it so that we can mount it in the door. Originally we were going to make everything flush, but the screw mounting points are behind the door so we threw out that idea.

RumorsOFsurF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean install, but can you even hear the CB now with the speaker blocked? Isn't the speaker on the bottom? I almost mounted my Uniden in one of the cubbies on my '03, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to hear it.

OP
OP
STEALTH

STEALTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean install, but can you even hear the CB now with the speaker blocked? Isn't the speaker on the bottom? I almost mounted my Uniden in one of the cubbies on my '03, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to hear it.

well since i did this i havent even used the CB but that could be a problem, but i have a small speaker that i can plug in the back of it and mount it any where, i used to have it under my seat and it was plenty loud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65