Can 22” wheels do damage to front end?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdj71

Reaction score
I’ve got an 07 yuk slt
I put 22s ( replicas) on last spring. I just put my OEM 20s back on and now I’ve got some front end issues.
Weird noises. Slow drip from the axel and CV joint half shaft.
Can the 22s with the added weight cause premature damage to front end gear? Thx y’all

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not likely, probably just normal wear, these trucks require regular maintenance, I inspect the undercarriage about once a month so if anything is wrong it can be fixed before it gets worse or causes other related problems, if you let stuff go it can sometimes lead to additional more costly problems.
the leaking axle and/or boot can be fixed or replaced
noises could be brakes or wheel hub/s, worn end links, tie-rods.
best thing to do is jack it up and get under there with a flashlight and take a close look at all the components for obvious signs of wear
wheel hubs can be checked for play by jacking up a wheel so It is off the ground and see it has any play (wiggle) at 12 & 6 there should be none, there will be a little at 9 & 6 because eof the steering but it shouldn't be all wobbly/loose

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
Thx
Ya I did all that. But did not see anything obvious jumping out at me(other than a minor leak at the axel.)

Thx for the reply

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on your truck? Have you done any maintenance yet? Been running 22’s for years on 07 Denali with no issues.

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
My truck has 112000 kms
So. Not many.
I’ve always kept up on the maintenance

Not sure what other maintenance I need to do
Visual inspection
Grease the joints
Brake maintenance