Left-Front Suspension Popping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@The Raven Mine has been happening more often, I feel like I can feel it through my feet. It happened when I first got my Tahoe and it still happens even after I replaced the entire front end like you did. My thoughts are the steering rack, CV axles, front diff, body mounts, or steering shaft.

On my 96 I had a similar problem and it ended up being the bolts for the driver seat coming loose. I will also check that, I hadn't remembered that until I typed this out.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Mine has the same left side front end pop. I checked all connections and everything looks good. I’m guessing it’s an upper or lower control arm bushing at frame. Maybe the rack itself but not sure. Happens when I first drive it after sitting a while and only when turning right.

Kermode

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but in researching front end popping noises this thread came up. In the first video, if you look at the UCA, you can see the rear mounting point shifting back and forth fa bit when you were applying the brake as well as sometimes when turning. It seems once it popped, it could of course only go the other way so when you reverse, brake, it then pops, but then it doesn't move till you go forward, brake and then *pop*. I had replaced the entire front end on mine and had it aligned and everything was great for a bit and then occasional popping. Sure enough, the UCA were not tightened to spec and had loosened even more. The shop realigned it and made sure they were tight and no more popping. Hope this helps someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep