Buzz noise....really don't want to replace coils if they are not bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe that subject line got you asking, "What in the world"?

This thread from a few year ago....

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2007-suburban-lt-buzzing-sound-from-radio.43303/page-2

That guy had/has the same buzz as I have. I've had it for about 3 years and I'm finally deciding to look into it. Yes, I procrastinate to the tune (pun intendend) to 3 years.

I have a newer alternator. Ground there is solid. Battery is solid. The above thread ended with the feller replacing coil packs.....and sound went away. I am NOT a fan of replace and hope for a fix. I just can't afford to throw money at an noise.

So, how would I know if a coil pack or packs is/are going bad? Wouldn't I have CEL due to misfire? I have none, by the way. Engine is sooth as a new can of Skippy...with 193K. Oh, driving a 2008 Denali XL.

TKH

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Maybe that subject line got you asking, "What in the world"?

This thread from a few year ago....

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2007-suburban-lt-buzzing-sound-from-radio.43303/page-2

That guy had/has the same buzz as I have. I've had it for about 3 years and I'm finally deciding to look into it. Yes, I procrastinate to the tune (pun intendend) to 3 years.

I have a newer alternator. Ground there is solid. Battery is solid. The above thread ended with the feller replacing coil packs.....and sound went away. I am NOT a fan of replace and hope for a fix. I just can't afford to throw money at an noise.

So, how would I know if a coil pack or packs is/are going bad? Wouldn't I have CEL due to misfire? I have none, by the way. Engine is sooth as a new can of Skippy...with 193K. Oh, driving a 2008 Denali XL.

TKH

Pull the audio control panel on the back of the center console and unplug it.

There are a couple pins near the center that are grounds. I can't remember the exact pin numbers... I want to say 13 and 15 but it has been a while since I did mine. Ever so slightly bend the pins so that it makes better contact when plugged in.

This solved the buzzing in the rear speakers for me... good luck... hope it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99TahoeTruckster