Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jlw8614

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have similar issue. Took 2007 escalade in for oil change and told engine mount is missing and replacement is $500. I also have 2 cracks in dash and they quoted $500. I take awesome care of my escalade and keep conditioner on dash and always is windshield sun screen. Don't get why I continue to have issues like this on such a nice and expensive car. Loosing engine mount is ridiculous.

joshcarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$500 for a motor mount??? RockAuto has them for $25-100 each. you should be able to replace them in less than an hour yourself with just a floor jack and a block of wood to lift the motor up after unbolting them.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have similar issue. Took 2007 escalade in for oil change and told engine mount is missing and replacement is $500. I also have 2 cracks in dash and they quoted $500. I take awesome care of my escalade and keep conditioner on dash and always is windshield sun screen. Don't get why I continue to have issues like this on such a nice and expensive car. Loosing engine mount is ridiculous.

tell that crook, get bent.

Passin Thru

Reaction score
Just adding to this:

2007 z71 2wd Tahoe

Changed drivers motor mount a few months ago. Started doing it on my own and got to a point where I couldn't break the bolts. Dropped it off at a friend of mine's shop and had then do it. Bought the part from a dealership I get a huge discount at because I wanted a factory part and not 3rd party.

This is ridiculous. Between the cracked dash, front hub bearings, the clunk from the rear, and the driver's engine mount. WTH?

Joshin33

Reaction score
Yup, add me to the list. Less than 68 thousand miles. Thought I was having transmission issues (still not sure that isn't the case) but the dealer tells me the jumping I'm feeling in 1st gear is because the motor mount is broken. Almost $450. What a crock. Tahoe stays garaged, don't tow, etc. Weekend and vacation driver yet the motor mounts can't hold up. Already sent a PM to GM Customer Service. Lets see if they are still helping since this seems to be a continuous issue.

Joshin33

Reaction score
Haven't heard anything back from GM Customer Service. Anyone have a direct contact phone number they have used? Figured I'd check here before I start going through the mounds of automated systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts